And we're back!

Main Menu

Most famous brand per U.S. state

Started by Syt, December 19, 2014, 08:25:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 21, 2014, 09:38:20 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 21, 2014, 09:36:31 PM
Bank of America was bought out/merged with a NC bank, hence the HQ.

Nationsbank??  I'm guessing.

Wachovia maybe. Not sure now.

When ever I hear Wachovia, I think of Vlad the impaler.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Capetan Mihali

When I was in Charlotte, there were a lot of Wells Fargo ads referencing local themes (to the extent Charlotte really has any) and saying THANKS FOR WELCOMING US, CHARLOTTE!
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

Quote from: dps on December 19, 2014, 08:58:20 PM
Gino's (as someone said up-thread, its pizza is pretty crappy, though it used to be better before the mid-80's),

I was thinking back to this a while ago.  Their "pub" in downtown Huntington was always a fun place to go in the 70s and 80s and I can remember when the pizza *seemed* to be good.  But I wonder if it was just "good" by comparison due to few other options. 

Now having said all that, the pizza now isn't as bad as it was during the late 80s & 90s.  We stopped there last January on the drive back from Morgantown and the pizza was edible. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

Washington State should be Boeing or Microsoft.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"