News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Xmas 2014 - The Languish Way.

Started by mongers, December 22, 2014, 06:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Seasonal Greetings everyone, wishing you all an enjoyable and stress free holiday period.

So what are you plans for the next few days up until new years?

Me, I'm not going to the big family gathering in Devon for various reasons and will intentionally be spending most of the next week alone.   :(  :cry:  :D

I shall be using this time to work on a couple of business ideas, do some much need decorating, possibly visit a couple of friends and do a bit of posting on Languish.  Looking forward to this family free week for a change.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Writing, meeting friends, and playing some video games. It's a short break, though, because I have to work tomorrow, and return on the 5th (with the 6th being another holiday).

I could have gone with today/tomorrow and the 5th off, but apparently my work is indispensable here. <_<
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

I was planning to go to Vienna with my parents for a few days but they are down with flu so we cancelled.

So, the plan is to have a traditional Christmas eve supper (depending on how they feel, they will either come to my flat or I will go to their house), then watch some movies and play some games over the next days. Probably will also hang out with Dawid a bit but he has his grandpa and mom over so spending holidays with them. A friend of mine is coming to visit on the 30th, and will stay for the New Year's eve (having a couple of people over) and leave on the 2nd. The 6th is a public holiday in Poland as well so I am looking for 2 weeks of free time, give or take a day here or there where I have to show up at work (technically, after tomorrow, only 29th-31st of December, and 2nd and 5th of January are working days).

mongers

Quote from: Martinus on December 22, 2014, 06:49:25 AM
I was planning to go to Vienna with my parents for a few days but they are down with flu so we cancelled.

So, the plan is to have a traditional Christmas eve supper (depending on how they feel, they will either come to my flat or I will go to their house), then watch some movies and play some games over the next days. Probably will also hang out with Dawid a bit but he has his grandpa and mom over so spending holidays with them. A friend of mine is coming to visit on the 30th, and will stay for the New Year's eve (having a couple of people over) and leave on the 2nd. The 6th is a public holiday in Poland as well so I am looking for 2 weeks of free time, give or take a day here or there where I have to show up at work (technically, after tomorrow, only 29th-31st of December, and 2nd and 5th of January are working days).

Nice.  :)

Any minute now, you Europeans will have an American bitterly berating you for having so long a holiday, how 1 1/2 unpaid leave is enough for anyone and  no wonder Europe is the economic basket case it is.  :D

Caliga

Not going anywhere, but my parents are driving down to Kentucky and will be here thru the 30th.  We're planning on going out to dinner with them and my father- and mother-in-law, which should be cool since both my father-in-law and dad are Vietnam vets and like to talk about it. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

I had plans to visit family on the 24th & 25th but I don't have hope that it will happen, my kids & gf are starting a flu. Flu that I got last week.

:(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Same deal as the last few years-- catching the 7:00pm church service Christmas Eve with Tommy and my parents, then back to my place with my parents, one of my brothers, the wife, and the kids to have some traditional guiso de carne.  Later on my other brother will show up once he's had enough of his in-laws and we'll open an aged bottle of Belgian Tripel.  Watch the kids open a couple presents and then try to get them to bed.

Then Christmas morning the kids will open their presents from Santa.  Then over to my parents' house for more presents and dinner.  Oh and it's sort of a family rule to keep A Christmas Story running on TV the whole time.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

KRonn

Short 3 day week, taking Friday off also, so looking forward to a short vacation.
Christmas day meal with family at a cousin's house is the main thing I have planned, and that's always a good time.

Admiral Yi

I get two paid days off.  Will catch up on sleep and masturbation.

Legbiter

Eat good food with family and friends. Laze around. Read. Go lift heavy things. Flu is kicking my ass at the moment but should clear up in a day or two.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

My office is closed until 7th January, so I couldn't even work if I wanted to. I am at my parents place now and will visit friends and family all over Northern Germany in the next days.