News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Two police officers murdered in New York.

Started by Razgovory, December 20, 2014, 08:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Breaking news.

QuoteNew York (CNN) -- [Breaking news update, posted at 8 p.m. ET]

The man who shot and killed two NYPD officers on Saturday has been identified as Ismaaiyl Brinsley, Police Commissioner William Bratton said. Brinsley fatally shot himself after ambushing the officers, Bratton said.

[Breaking news update, posted at 7:56 p.m. ET]

The two New York City police officers who were ambushed and killed Saturday afternoon are Wenjian Liu and Rafael Ramos, NYPD Commissioner William Bratton said.

[Breaking news update, posted at 7:49 p.m. ET]

The two police officers killed in Brooklyn on Saturday were "shot and killed with no warning, no provocation," New York Police Commissioner William Bratton said. "They were quite simply, assassinated," Bratton said at an evening news conference.

[Previous story, posted at 7:05 p.m. ET]

Two New York City police officers were shot and killed ambush-style Saturday afternoon as they sat in their patrol car in Brooklyn, according to two law enforcement sources.

Both were shot in the head, one of the sources said. Few other details were available.

They were rushed to a hospital in critical condition, said police spokesman Sgt. Lee Jones.

The families of the fallen officers were at Woodhull Medical Center on Saturday, as dozens of police officers gathered in a show of support.

The officers -- one with two years' experience, the other with seven years on the job -- were normally assigned to downtown Brooklyn but were working a "critical response" detail in an area with higher crime, police said.

End communication.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Yeah, I immediately go to year old thread filled with boring garbon when a police officer is shot. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on December 20, 2014, 09:32:56 PM
Yeah, I immediately go to year old thread filled with boring garbon when a police officer is shot.

Garbon is not boring. Reading you justifying your lack of attention to detail is.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

It's not a lack of attention to detail to start a new thread for a this incident, any more than it was to start a thread for the police shootings, rather than putting them in the gun thread.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Well I'm not going to participate in this thread, but participate in the other, bigger New Yorkyer thread.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 20, 2014, 09:56:14 PM
Well I'm not going to participate in this thread, but participate in the other, bigger New Yorkyer thread.

Neil

That is your prerogative.  Unless I merge the New York thread into this one, which would be ridiculous and petty.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

11B4V

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on December 20, 2014, 09:50:01 PM

Garbon is not boring. Reading you justifying your lack of attention to detail is.

Garbon is not even real.  He's a fictional entity created by CdM to exercise writing a believable gay black Republican for an unpublished novel.

11B4V

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on December 20, 2014, 10:16:07 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 20, 2014, 09:50:01 PM

Garbon is not even real.  He's a fictional entity created by CdM to exercise writing a believable gay black Republican for an unpublished novel.

I don't believe it.  CdM would never have written an unpublished novel.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on December 20, 2014, 10:20:15 PM
I don't believe it.  CdM would never have written an unpublished novel.

Couldn't get past the illustrations.  Stick figures and shit.