NFL Week 16: I saw Commish Goodell kissing Santa Claus, and then lying about it

Started by CountDeMoney, December 20, 2014, 05:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on December 27, 2014, 10:47:58 AM
Marc Trestman's offensive system has never really been questioned.

It ought to be, considering its current 13-18 record.  Marc Trestman kills quarterbacks dead.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2014, 11:20:42 AM
Marc Trestman's offensive system has never really been questioned.

It ought to be, considering its current 13-18 record.  Marc Trestman kills quarterbacks dead.

We are talking about Trestman's system, not his ability as a head coach. 

He really did a number on Steve Young's career huh?  And Bernie Kosar.  Made Jake Plummer one of the best QBs in the league.  And made Scott Mitchell a multi-millionaire.  And Rich Gannon an MVP.  You have strange ideas about quarterback killers.  :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman#NFL

QuoteNFL[edit]
Trestman moved to the National Football League and coached running backs with the Minnesota Vikings in 1985 and 1986. He served as quarterbacks coach first with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1987 and then the Cleveland Browns in 1988. In Cleveland he again coached Kosar and the team finished 10–6 and made the playoffs. His promotion to offensive coordinator in 1989 was made before the team named Bud Carson as Marty Schottenheimer's successor as head coach.[6] Kosar passed for 3,533 yards and 18 TDs that season, while wide receiver Webster Slaughter had a franchise record 1,236 receiving yards. Trestman was dismissed after the Browns' third loss in the AFC Championship game in four years, primarily due to his strained relationship with Carson.[6]

In 1990, Trestman returned to Minnesota as quarterbacks coach for the Vikings. He spent two years there and then left coaching for three years, and worked in the municipal bond sale during that timespan.[5]

He returned to the NFL in 1995 as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator with San Francisco, where he served in that capacity through 1996. The first year he was in San Francisco, the team led the NFL with 457 points scored, 644 pass attempts and 4,779 passing yards.

Trestman joined the Detroit Lions as quarterbacks coach in 1997. That year Lions quarterback Scott Mitchell passed for 3,484 yards, fourth most in team history.

In 1998 he was with the Arizona Cardinals as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. That year quarterback Jake Plummer threw for 3,737 yards, and the Cardinals made the playoffs for the first time since 1982 and won their first post season game in 51 years.

He next went to the Oakland Raiders in 2001 as the quarterbacks coach. In 2002 he was promoted to offensive coordinator and the Raiders led the NFL in total offense with 389.8 yards per game and passing yards with 279.7 per game. Under Trestman's guidance, Raiders QB Rich Gannon won the 2002 NFL MVP award as the Raiders reached Super Bowl XXXVII, losing to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Trestman spent the 2004 season with the Miami Dolphins before returning to the college ranks (see above).

In 2007, Trestman spent time with the New Orleans Saints as a consultant for Head Coach Sean Payton.[7]

MadBurgerMaker

I was thinking Scott Mitchell had done better than that at Detroit, so I looked: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Mitchell_%28American_football%29#NFL_stats

1995:  4,300 yards passing, 32TDs, 12 picks.  That's a helluva year. 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on December 27, 2014, 02:08:54 PMHe really did a number on Steve Young's career huh?  And Bernie Kosar.  Made Jake Plummer one of the best QBs in the league.  And made Scott Mitchell a multi-millionaire.  And Rich Gannon an MVP.  You have strange ideas about quarterback killers.  :lol:

Trestman is a sham. 

And yeah, MBM;  Mitchell did so good, he totally suckered Baltimore into giving him the Brinks truck.   :lol:

Trestman is a sham.  And a punk ass bitch.  So solly, sbr.  Go eat a bag of Trestdicks.

Neil

Trestman is a sham that makes other players into shams and then tricks other teams into overpaying for the shams his sham shammed?

Am I getting that right?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 27, 2014, 03:07:09 PM
Quote from: sbr on December 27, 2014, 02:08:54 PMHe really did a number on Steve Young's career huh?  And Bernie Kosar.  Made Jake Plummer one of the best QBs in the league.  And made Scott Mitchell a multi-millionaire.  And Rich Gannon an MVP.  You have strange ideas about quarterback killers.  :lol:

Trestman is a sham. 

And yeah, MBM;  Mitchell did so good, he totally suckered Baltimore into giving him the Brinks truck.   :lol:

Trestman is a sham.  And a punk ass bitch.  So solly, sbr.  Go eat a bag of Trestdicks.

Wait, this starts off because you are trying to put Cutler's failures off onto the "system" and his team mates.  I call you out on that and provide examples that show you don't know what the fuck you are talking about so you turn to attack me? :lol:

Go fuck yourself and watch a Seth Rogan movie marathon because you very clearly have no clue what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to the NFL.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on December 27, 2014, 03:15:26 PM
Wait, this starts off because you are trying to put Cutler's failures off onto the "system" and his team mates.  I call you out on that and provide examples that show you don't know what the fuck you are talking about so you turn to attack me? :lol:

Cutler's problem is not Cutler, it's the Trestman/Kromer Axis.

And I'm attacking you because you dared to bring up Bernie.  Fucking lecture me, I was there in '89, watching Trestman getting Bernie killed in person, fucker.  Only Eric Metcalf the Mighty Longhorn saved that season; it certainly wasn't Trestman.

QuoteGo fuck yourself and watch a Seth Rogan movie marathon because you very clearly have no clue what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to the NFL.

I noticed you didn't mention Trestman's culpability in Vinny setting a a record with 35 interceptions in 1987.  Then again, that was enough for Trestman to convince The Genius Himself, Bill Belicheat, that Vinny was a real quarterback and destroy an entire franchise with him.

Trestman is a sham.  Don't be hating on me because right now the Bears could have Bruce Arians and his upcoming Coach of the Year Award in Chicago instead.  But no, Trestman sold the Bears a bill of goods, because he's a sham.

sbr

I hate talking NFL with people who don't know what they are talking about.  It's like the day after the Super Bowl, all the people that watch one game a year and then try to spout off about what happened.

#1.  How would that explain that the last 2 years are 2 of the best years in Cutlers career?  http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/9597/jay-cutler

#2 Trestman was in Tampa Bay in 1987 dumbass.

Now please, go find something else to do.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on December 27, 2014, 03:40:23 PM
I hate talking NFL with people who don't know what they are talking about.  It's like the day after the Super Bowl, all the people that watch one game a year and then try to spout off about what happened.

And I hate unabashed Marc Trestman apologists.

Quote#2 Trestman was in Tampa Bay in 1987 dumbass.

So was Vinny.  So Vinny's picks were in '88, I was off a year.  Big deal; still another sham job by Trestman.

QuoteNow please, go find something else to do.

I'd rather watch you continue deflecting Trestman's responsibility in destroying the Bears on Cutler. 

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

In sbr's defense, it was the strike season.  So you could see how the #1 overall draft pick, and the QB coach from his college specifically hired to work with him, wouldn't have had much to do with one another, what with the NFL on strike for 3 weeks and all.

Neil

Wait, wasn't Cutler a headcase and the exact same guy who would tantalize you with his arm and then throw crunchtime picks in Denver?

How does Trestman get the blame for Shanahan getting fired?  He someone used his juju on Cutler from Montreal, and forced him to throw all those terrible interceptions?

Cutler is a loser.  He's had two winning records in his whole career (and what might have been another before he got hurt), and those were back when the Bears were rolling with defence.  People have this weirdly inflated opinion of him, and I can't tell why.  The guy doesn't win games.  He doesn't have the stats.  He's not charismatic, walking around half-asleep all the time.  But people try and love him all the same.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Shanahan got fired because the statute of limitations on Relying on the Legacy of John Elway finally expired on his ass. 

Nobody under center in Chicago could deal with their shitty defense this season--which, all Cutler hate and Trestdicks aside, has been the real issue in Chicago.  Not even Tony Romo can save that team. 

dps

Matt Forte (one of the most talented RBs in the league)? 

Forte is probably the most over-rated RB in the league, maybe the most over-rated player, period.

Neil

Yes, Chicago has a bad defence.  But they also have a bad quarterback, who has been bad almost his entire career, except when he's mediocre.