Main Menu

Ayn Rand reviews Children's movies

Started by Ed Anger, December 18, 2014, 07:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/daily-shouts/ayn-rand-reviews-childrens-movies

A sampling:

Quote"Lady and the Tramp"

A ridiculous movie. What could a restaurant owner possibly have to gain by giving away a perfectly good meal to dogs, when he could sell it at a reasonable price to human beings? A dog cannot pay for spaghetti, and payment is the only honest way to express appreciation for value. —One star.

"Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory"

An excellent movie. The obviously unfit individuals are winnowed out through a series of entrepreneurial tests and, in the end, an enterprising young boy receives a factory. I believe more movies should be made about enterprising young boys who are given factories. —Three and a half stars. (Half a star off for the grandparents, who are sponging off the labor of Charlie and his mother. If Grandpa Joe can dance, Grandpa Joe can work.)

"Frozen"

An exceptional woman foolishly allows her mooching family members to keep her from ruling a kingdom of ice in perfect solitude. She is forced to use her unique powers to provide free entertainment for peasants, without compensation. I liked the snowman, when he sang. —One star.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote"Old Yeller"

A farm animal ceases to be useful and is disposed of humanely. A valuable lesson for children. —Four stars.

:D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Seedy will enjoy the pro-cat focus in some reviews.

11B4V

QuoteIf Grandpa Joe can dance, Grandpa Joe can work.

:lol:

QuoteAlso, there are no trains in this movie. I did like the talking clock, who attempted to take pride in his work despite constant attacks on his dignity by the candlestick. The candlestick did not take his job seriously.

:P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Norgy

Just  :lmfao:. This goes on Facebook.
Ed, I know I've said it before, but I love you.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

Didn't Ayn Rand die decades ago?
I'm pretty sure she couldn't have watched Frozen.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Siege on December 19, 2014, 12:16:24 AM

You spelled too many words correctly.  You clearly haven't had enough Miller Lite this evening.  One and a half stars.
Experience bij!

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Siege on December 19, 2014, 12:16:24 AM

Ayn's contacts in Galt's Gulch naturally invented the Singularity long before we collectivists did, and she uploaded her brain to a machine that is now writing for The New Yorker.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Josquius

Frozen... Someday I must watch the whole thing. I guess if I mute the songs (half the freaking film) it won't be so bad..
██████
██████
██████

Norgy

Quote from: 11B4V on December 18, 2014, 07:46:28 PM
QuoteIf Grandpa Joe can dance, Grandpa Joe can work.

:lol:

Best line in the whole piece.  :lol:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on December 20, 2014, 04:25:01 AM
Frozen... Someday I must watch the whole thing. I guess if I mute the songs (half the freaking film) it won't be so bad..
If you don't like the songs there's no point in watching it. The songs are what make or break a Disney film.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

I can't wait for the new Star Wars movies.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.