Test Finds College Graduates Lack Skills for White-Collar Jobs

Started by CountDeMoney, January 28, 2015, 11:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

So, public prosecutors can be replaced by an AI of moderate complexity? Makes sense.  :hmm:

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2015, 02:32:38 PM
Not all of us can get by with just one word on our resume, Cardinal.
Try "cunt".  It might work, trust me.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on January 29, 2015, 03:44:05 PM
So, public prosecutors can be replaced by an AI of moderate complexity? Makes sense.  :hmm:

You must be the most idiotic person on Languish.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

Hey! :mad:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2015, 11:34:06 AM
Quote from: Warspite on January 29, 2015, 10:35:01 AM
Skills needed in the modern white-collar workplace:

• Basic project management - knowing what a deliverable or a depedency is
  • E-mail etiquette
  • Diary management
  • Brevity in PowerPoint
  • Familiarity with track changes
  • Use of MS Word styles
  • SPREADSHEETS

Smells like certifications, not degrees.

Either way, all but the ppt stuff I could use big time.  A lot of my advanced work is spreadsheet, database, and text editor related, and I barely know how to use them.

Quote from: BeebI felt very proud of myself the other day.  I was struggling with a moderately complex employee theft case - there were 40-50 small thefts that added up to a considerable sum, but I couldn't get my numbers to match up.  Then I remembered this is exactly what you use a spreadsheet for.

So I dusted off my copy of Excel, remembered how to do a spreadsheet.  That little spreadsheet then in turn wound up being my roadmap for the entire case, and was what led a notoriously difficult to obtain a conviction from judge willing to actually convict someone.

And then I feel a little better about myself.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)