And we're back!

Main Menu

Top 30 Failed Technology Predictions

Started by Siege, December 17, 2014, 12:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Quote from: Siege on December 17, 2014, 06:44:23 AM
Quote from: grumbler on December 17, 2014, 05:52:26 AM
Great collection of largely apocryphal statements. 
How do you know is apocalyptical?
Where you there when Haig was inspecting the tanks?

grumbler was present during the Gettysburg Address and while a mere toddler, watched the battle of Thermopalye from a distance. True story.

Siege

Quote from: Norgy on December 17, 2014, 06:52:06 AM
Quote from: Siege on December 17, 2014, 06:44:23 AM
Quote from: grumbler on December 17, 2014, 05:52:26 AM
Great collection of largely apocryphal statements. 
How do you know is apocalyptical?
Where you there when Haig was inspecting the tanks?

grumbler was present during the Gettysburg Address and while a mere toddler, watched the battle of Thermopalye from a distance. True story.

You sure about this?
I heard from a solid source that he watched the battle from the command deck of his trirreme. He could not have been a todler.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

He was assisting the famous Athenian Admiral, Sanstesticles.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Yep. Telling him what he was doing wrong. grumbles knew thee guy since childhood and felt he needed direction.
PDH!

Warspite

Predictions are very difficult, especially about the future.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

alfred russel

31. "The good natured and gracious add on features to the grumbler bot will be a resounding success."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

The Brain

Quote10. "Nuclear-powered vacuum cleaners will probably be a reality in 10 years." -– Alex Lewyt, president of vacuum cleaner company Lewyt Corp., in the New York Times in 1955.

In civilized countries they are and have been for decades.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

So, not available in Sweden, then? I am asking because I am going to buy my tobacco and stuff in your little Nazi cuntry. Sverigedemokrater 12 prosent, fy fan.

The Brain

Quote from: Norgy on December 17, 2014, 11:47:12 AM
So, not available in Sweden, then? I am asking because I am going to buy my tobacco and stuff in your little Nazi cuntry. Sverigedemokrater 12 prosent, fy fan.

Lots of vacuum cleaners in Sweden are nuclear powered.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on December 17, 2014, 08:32:18 AM
31. "The good natured and gracious add on features to the grumbler bot will be a resounding success."
:thumbsup:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 17, 2014, 06:32:09 AM
Quote from: Siege on December 17, 2014, 12:54:15 AM
24. “Home Taping Is Killing Music” — A 1980s campaign by the BPI, claiming that people recording music off the radio onto cassette would destroy the music industry.

Not sure this one belongs on the list.

Like a lot of them, it's more about the commercial implications of technologies, not the technologies themselves. 

Norgy

Tell THAT to your fellow 300 Spartans and they won't believe you.