Hallmark Apologizes For Selling Hanukkah Paper Covered In Swastikas

Started by Martinus, December 11, 2014, 12:02:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

celedhring

Capetan Mihali

This is a fine everyday wrapping paper.  But it clearl shouldn't be used for Hanukkah wrapping -- the blue and white give the indication that it's Jewish themed, at which point it's only too easy to see pseudo-swastikas.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

I use my free Maker's Mark wrapping paper to wrap presents for my niece and nephew.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: celedhring on December 11, 2014, 08:03:13 PM
Quote from: citizen k on December 11, 2014, 07:59:46 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 11, 2014, 07:55:49 PM
I didn't realize they made special Chanukah paper, but I guess it makes sense.

Do they make special Kwaanza paper?

http://www.zazzle.com/kwanzaa+wrappingpaper

Heh, they have one with a black Santa.

No doubt with a bag full of chronic, forty's, and Newports.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney