News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy birthday, meri!

Started by Syt, December 13, 2014, 12:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Happy birthday!  :cheers:

You share birthday with my aunt, who is also 45. Are you my aunt?

merithyn

Quote from: Brazen on December 15, 2014, 09:03:03 AM
Happy belated birthday Meri, hope everyone spoiled you :hug:

You know, I was thinking about it today. I received exactly one birthday gift this year, from a friend in Indiana. Otherwise, nada.

This getting old thing sucks. I remember when a birthday at least meant a cake. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on December 15, 2014, 04:07:41 PM
You know, I was thinking about it today. I received exactly one birthday gift this year, from a friend in Indiana. Otherwise, nada.

This getting old thing sucks. I remember when a birthday at least meant a cake. :(

WTF Max, you cheap bastard.

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on December 14, 2014, 07:49:11 PM
By the way, I'm 45 this year, and I'm really okay with that. I'm on my way down the hill now, and I don't have to care what anyone else thinks. :yeah:
I like older women. :)

Anyway happy birthday.  :cheers:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2014, 04:51:34 PM

He gets a pass until next weekend. We deferred celebrating my birthday until his final projects were in. Plus, he's a grad student. By definition, they're all cheap bastards until they graduate. :contract:

Today my son gave me home-baked cookies. :wub: He didn't bake them, and I have to give the tin back when we're done with them, but it's the thought and all of that. Still waiting on rent from him, but he assures me that's coming soon-ish. At least before January... at which time January's rent will be due.

Happy birthday, Mom! :w00t:

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on December 16, 2014, 01:25:20 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 15, 2014, 04:51:34 PM

He gets a pass until next weekend. We deferred celebrating my birthday until his final projects were in. Plus, he's a grad student. By definition, they're all cheap bastards until they graduate. :contract:

Today my son gave me home-baked cookies. :wub: He didn't bake them, and I have to give the tin back when we're done with them, but it's the thought and all of that. Still waiting on rent from him, but he assures me that's coming soon-ish. At least before January... at which time January's rent will be due.

Happy birthday, Mom! :w00t:

I always make my parents give back the gift bag(s) their gift(s) come in.  Been using the oldest one for like six years.  That's $4 I've denied the Combine.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

merithyn

In this case, the cookies in the tin were payment to him for helping a friend with something. She asked him for the tin back when the cookies were gone.

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 16, 2014, 12:52:40 AM
Do you also like married women? :shifty: :perv:
Well there's at least one that I like. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points