News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[HOI2] Anybody want to do a multiplayer game?

Started by ehrie, June 15, 2009, 01:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehrie

So I've been wanting for some time to do a co-op HOI2 game with a partner. Either as Germany and Japan or Italy or the USA and Great Britain or something like that. Read a few AARs on paradox and with that AI add-on the game can be pretty challenging. There's an epic one of a USA and Great Britain player getting all the way to Berlin before the war turning against them and losing. So anybody want to give this a try? And no Jaron, not you.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on June 15, 2009, 01:20:14 PM
There's an epic one of a USA and Great Britain player getting all the way to Berlin before the war turning against them and losing.

I disbelieve.  Link?

jimmy olsen

So I've been wanting for some time to do a co-op HOI2 game with a partner. Either as Germany and Japan or Italy or the USA and Great Britain or something like that. Read a few AARs on paradox and with that AI add-on the game can be pretty challenging. There's an epic one of a USA and Great Britain player getting all the way to Berlin before the war turning against them and losing. So anybody want to give this a try? And no Jaron, not you.
Had the Germans beaten the Soviets before the Allies landed?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

ehrie

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 15, 2009, 01:34:08 PM
Had the Germans beaten the Soviets before the Allies landed?

Yes, they had. The war turned when the Soviets dowed the Allies after the USA created Korea.

ehrie

Quote from: ulmont on June 15, 2009, 01:26:19 PM
There's an epic one of a USA and Great Britain player getting all the way to Berlin before the war turning against them and losing.

I disbelieve.  Link?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383880 1500 post thread so take a while and read it. Pretty good game. They actually take Berlin briefly before it all goes to hell.

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383880 1500 post thread so take a while and read it. Pretty good game. They actually take Berlin briefly before it all goes to hell.

Looking at it now; I see that Germany successfully SeaLioned before beating Russia...how did the humans let that happen?

ulmont

Quote from: ehrie on June 15, 2009, 01:51:20 PM
Yes, they had. The war turned when the Soviets dowed the Allies after the USA created Korea.

Yeah, the "Cold War Goes Hot" event.  I was wondering how it fired, but yeah, USSR had had the Bitter Peace so wasn't at war.  Dangerous to occupy Seoul.

Syt

QuoteSeptember 7th, 1951 - Sheffield is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 10th, 1951 - Liverpool is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 10th, 1951 - Birmingham is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 10th, 1951 - Glasgow is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 12th, 1951 - Edinburgh is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 12th, 1951 - Berlin is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 13th, 1951 - Vienna is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 13th, 1951 - Philadelphia is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.

September 20th, 1951 - Norwich is destroyed by a nuclear bomb. Twice.

October 8th, 1951 - London is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
October 17th, 1951 - Detroit is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
October 20th, 1951 - Prague is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.

June 3rd, 1952 - New York is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.

June 6th, 1952 - Gottingen is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
June 6th, 1952 - Liverpool is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
June 7th, 1952 - Wolfsburg is destroyed by a nuclear bomb
June 13th, 1952 - Atlantic City is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

ehrie

Quote from: ulmont on June 15, 2009, 01:59:07 PM
Quote from: ehrie

Looking at it now; I see that Germany successfully SeaLioned before beating Russia...how did the humans let that happen?

Going to try a game with the AI they used to find out if the AI is just that much better with this mod. To boot the American player liberated the British Isles before everything went to hell.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Quote from: Syt on June 15, 2009, 02:38:57 PM
QuoteSeptember 7th, 1951 - Sheffield is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 10th, 1951 - Liverpool is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 10th, 1951 - Birmingham is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 10th, 1951 - Glasgow is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 12th, 1951 - Edinburgh is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 12th, 1951 - Berlin is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 13th, 1951 - Vienna is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
September 13th, 1951 - Philadelphia is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.

September 20th, 1951 - Norwich is destroyed by a nuclear bomb. Twice.

October 8th, 1951 - London is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
October 17th, 1951 - Detroit is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
October 20th, 1951 - Prague is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.

June 3rd, 1952 - New York is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.

June 6th, 1952 - Gottingen is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
June 6th, 1952 - Liverpool is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.
June 7th, 1952 - Wolfsburg is destroyed by a nuclear bomb
June 13th, 1952 - Atlantic City is destroyed by a nuclear bomb.

:lol:

The best part about that is the English player started it to try and break the stalemate in Italy and the Germans...well...unleashed hell. All the nukes got the British player up to 100% dissent.

Syt

Yeah, I read that. I have to admit this is one particularly entertaining (if completely whacked out and alt-hist clusterfuck) AAR. Actually made me want to install HOI2 again ... though to be honest if my game was going that way I would have quit a while ago.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

ehrie

So now that we see it possible that the AI can step up with proper mods, who's in with me? :P

jimmy olsen

Maintaining an mp connection for any decent amount of time is virtually impossible.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point