News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Darknet Attacks and Targets

Started by Jacob, December 08, 2014, 04:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

This is kind of fascinating to watch: http://map.ipviking.com/

QuoteEvery second, Norse collects and analyzes live threat intelligence from darknets in hundreds of locations in over 40 countries. The attacks shown are based on a small subset of live flows against the Norse honeypot infrastructure, representing actual worldwide cyber attacks by bad actors. At a glance, one can see which countries are aggressors or targets at the moment, using which type of attacks (services-ports).

Hovering over the ATTACK ORIGINS, ATTACK TARGETS, or ATTACK TYPES will highlight just the attacks emanating from that country or over that service-port respectively. Hovering over any bubble on the map, will highlight only the attacks from that location and type. Press S to toggle table sizes.

Norse exposes its threat intelligence via high-performance, machine-readable APIs in a variety of forms. Norse also provides products and solutions that assist organizations in protecting and mitigating cyber attacks.

CountDeMoney

Jacob

MadImmortalMan

It's like Wargames. And we're losing badly.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2014, 04:07:47 PM
Imagine that.

I should post statistics on the server's telnet login faliures sometime.:P

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

The Dutch really have it in for us.  Also they keep attacking Kirksville.  There's nothing up there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Monoriu

Quote from: Jacob on December 08, 2014, 04:01:42 PM

Norse exposes its threat intelligence via high-performance, machine-readable APIs in a variety of forms. Norse also provides products and solutions that assist organizations in protecting and mitigating cyber attacks.

I know next to nothing about cyber attacks, but I wonder how the site distinguishes between "attacks" and other normal internet traffic.  The above part sounds to me like there is an obvious conflict of interest.  Hey look!  You are being attacked.  Buy our stuff!  The entire thing smells like a sales pitch. 

Grey Fox

Leave it open in a none-highlighted tab in chrome & wait a minute and then comeback to it. Watch the lasers go all star wars.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Monoriu on December 08, 2014, 07:18:21 PM

I know next to nothing about cyber attacks, but I wonder how the site distinguishes between "attacks" and other normal internet traffic.  The above part sounds to me like there is an obvious conflict of interest.  Hey look!  You are being attacked.  Buy our stuff!  The entire thing smells like a sales pitch.

The Party thanks you for your assistance in this matter.

Valmy

Wait so you hate money now?  I never thought I would see the day.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DontSayBanana

Oh, they're attacks, alright, but they're low-risk.  These type of attacks usually don't carry a penalty for number of attempts the way a brute-force password attempt would, so there's little risk in keeping a stream running until it hits the odd open or poorly-configured firewall.

Telnet attacks are the hacker equivalent of going around a bunch of computers and typing in "password."
Experience bij!

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on December 08, 2014, 09:49:33 PM

Wait so you hate money now?  I never thought I would see the day.

Huh?  No clue how you reached that conclusion.  Refusing to buy useless crap due to questionable evidence is strong evidence for my love of money :contract:

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on December 08, 2014, 10:03:46 PM
Huh?  No clue how you reached that conclusion.  Refusing to buy useless crap due to questionable evidence is strong evidence for my love of money :contract:

Ah.  It almost sounded like you disapproved of them trying to sell things.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

So it's basically just Chicoms trying to fuck the Yanks with the rest of the world just trying an opportunistic attack every now and then?