DGuller Computer Build Thread version 2.0 (NSFW)

Started by DGuller, December 06, 2014, 07:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

My first computer build thread seemed to amuse everyone except myself, so let's see how it's going to go this time.  So far I'm up to the point of taking the HAF 922 case out of the box.  I'm taking a break now to apply ice to my arms and shoulders.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

FFS, how is it that in 2014, molex connectors are still used to hook up power?  What a piece of shit of technology they are.

DGuller

Well, I'm stuck on the 24 pin connector.  No matter what I did, the fucking thing just won't go in.  If I push any harder, I will snap the motherboard (it doesn't help that the socket on the mobo is square between the two supporting studs). 

DGuller

Had to unscrew the motherboard from the case, so that I could support the bottom of it with my knee while I was handling that 24-pin connector.  I think I managed to convince it in, the clip appears to be locked.  I hope all the sweat from my palms didn't short out the board. :unsure:

Next time I'm building a computer, I'm not screwing the motherboard in until that 24-pin connector is attached.

DGuller

Touching my graphics card when the case is upright makes me feel all kind of uneasy.  The amount of play, flex, and sag is a little concerning.  Having such a heavy rectangular beast of a component supported only on two adjacent sides does not seem that mechanically sound to me.

DGuller

PC got through POST at first attempt. :unsure: This is too easy.  :ph34r:

Monoriu

Eddie Teach

You tricked me into reading this thread with that NSFW tag.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

I didn't realize how dark my old monitor is until I stood it side-by-side with the new monitor.  No wonder I thought I was going blind when playing that new Civ game, my old monitor (which is at its max brightness setting) seems to be fading away.

schaksen

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 07, 2014, 01:45:02 PM
You tricked me into reading this thread with that NSFW tag.  :mad:
Me too.

P.S. Pics or it didn't happen, especially in a NSFW-thread!
Formerly known as Gumby, this was/is my pdx nick

dps

Quote from: DGuller on December 07, 2014, 04:14:59 PM
I didn't realize how dark my old monitor is until I stood it side-by-side with the new monitor.  No wonder I thought I was going blind when playing that new Civ game, my old monitor (which is at its max brightness setting) seems to be fading away.

Yeah, I had that happen with a monitor once.  It never quit working, exactly, it just kept getting darker and darker until it really wasn't usable anymore.