Rolling Stone Fucks Up Big Time on Massive Rape Article

Started by Queequeg, December 05, 2014, 05:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Sounds reasonable although the line on intoxication is a bit troubling. Sure, if it is the case of someone being drunk so they go ahead with a sexual encounter they would probably not go ahead with if they were sober - that's not rape in my book. But, if we are talking about someone being effectively passed out cold and were sexually used by someone else - then it is quite clearly rape.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2014, 03:14:48 PM
You're a Delaware grad.  A UVA grad wouldn't let you park his car.

Because of the Patriarchy and stuff?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 08, 2014, 03:21:05 PM

Yup.  Snot-nosed little shits, they are.  Ah, magnolias.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 08, 2014, 03:21:36 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 08, 2014, 03:21:05 PM

Yup.  Snot-nosed little shits, they are.  Ah, magnolias.

Well, it didn't keep them from accepting me into their Graduate program for International Relations.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on December 08, 2014, 03:24:25 PM
Well, it didn't keep them from accepting me into their Graduate program for International Relations.

It's still a university.  I hear they like money.

Ideologue

There is no prestige inherent to any degree not offered by the Ivy League. They're the only schools worth going to. Well, that and all med schools and many engineering schools.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on December 08, 2014, 03:49:56 PM
There is no prestige inherent to any degree not offered by the Ivy League. They're the only schools worth going to. Well, that and all med schools and many engineering schools.

Stanford, Chicago, MIT...
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Stanford is Ivy, right?

Who?

In set "some engineering schools.". :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Ideologue on December 08, 2014, 03:56:53 PM
Stanford is Ivy, right?

Who?

You have just lost all credibility when it comes to commenting on issues of higher ed. :P

Jacob

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on December 08, 2014, 04:09:06 PM
Stanford is Ivy, right?

Who?

You have just lost all credibility when it comes to commenting on issues of higher ed. :P

He lost it a long time ago. He's been running up his credibility line for a while.

Eddie Teach

Stanford is Ivy, right?

You realize the Ivy League is an actual league of schools that compete in sporting contests, right?  :P
Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Columbia, Penn, Dartmouth, Brown and Cornell.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Oh well. Then I guess Stanford's no good. Sorry, garbon.
Kinemalogue

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on December 08, 2014, 04:19:54 PM
Oh well. Then I guess Stanford's no good. Sorry, garbon.

I'm very disappointed in you that you didn't know Stanford is not Ivy.

edit: In fact, I reminded you of that fact, as recently as September of this year.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.