Quote from: Ed Anger on June 15, 2009, 02:59:18 PM
QuoteOnly available in West Europe.

:lol:

See how I feel when trying to buy a bargain bin fps on D2D. :P

No, because I wasn't going to buy it.  :P
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

ALLAHU ACKBAR!

The first game works. No russians to kill, but slimy brits. Loaded up Villers-Bocage, and ran amuck with Wittman's Tiger shooting up Josqs and they ran to and fro to avoid an 88mm suppository.

Fun.

Warspite

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 17, 2009, 06:17:42 PM
ALLAHU ACKBAR!

The first game works. No russians to kill, but slimy brits. Loaded up Villers-Bocage, and ran amuck with Wittman's Tiger shooting up Josqs and they ran to and fro to avoid an 88mm suppository.

Fun.
:yeah:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Syt

Yo, Mr. Ed.

Installed CMBB and it works with Vista64 and nVidia GTX285.

Only downside: now widescreen support, and the nVidia drivers don't allow me override the monitor scaling (so that I have an undistorted image with black bars left and right), so I have a squished 1600x1200 display. And I had to manually set AA, filtering etc., in the nVidia panels, of course.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

I fiddled with the AA settings, as much as my patience allowed. I just don't have the testicular fortitude anymore to tweak shit. It drives me up the wall.

Martinus

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 19, 2009, 02:49:10 PM
I fiddled with the AA settings, as much as my patience allowed. I just don't have the testicular fortitude anymore to tweak shit. It drives me up the wall.

Huhm. Took me a minute to do the settings in the nVidia thingamajick (AA 8x - not8Q, that drags it down a lot- then crank up all the filter options. You are aware you can set it per application and then forget about it afterwards?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on June 19, 2009, 02:59:34 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 19, 2009, 02:49:10 PM

Huhm. Took me a minute to do the settings in the nVidia thingamajick (AA 8x - not8Q, that drags it down a lot- then crank up all the filter options. You are aware you can set it per application and then forget about it afterwards?

Yeah. I'm a very lazy man nowadays, and fiddling with computer settings bores me to tears.

Back when 3DFX was all shiny and new, I'd play with settings. Nowadays, I just get annoyed.

Ed Anger

QuoteWell, you know what they say. Good games don't die! Battlefront.com is proud to announce the immediate availability of a new v1.04 Vista upgrade for Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin. This upgrade officially adds support for Windows Vista. Special thanks to Philip Culliton for diving into our ancient code to figure out and fix the various issues introduced with Vista!

The Vista upgrade is not a free patch! It can be purchased for $5 as download only from the Battlefront.com store!

Players are recommended to try out the new upgrade first before purchasing! A free updated v1.04 demo is available as well from the Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin Demo page!

Fuck Battlefront.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

HisMajestyBOB

Steel Panthers: World at War?

Granted, it's a bit dated.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 24, 2009, 11:44:40 AM
QuoteWell, you know what they say. Good games don't die! Battlefront.com is proud to announce the immediate availability of a new v1.04 Vista upgrade for Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin. This upgrade officially adds support for Windows Vista. Special thanks to Philip Culliton for diving into our ancient code to figure out and fix the various issues introduced with Vista!

The Vista upgrade is not a free patch! It can be purchased for $5 as download only from the Battlefront.com store!

Players are recommended to try out the new upgrade first before purchasing! A free updated v1.04 demo is available as well from the Combat Mission Barbarossa to Berlin Demo page!

Fuck Battlefront.

Quote from: Scipio They have got some gall.

This issue is interesting to me.  A for-profit company, most likely a corporation with financial obligations to shareholders, developed and is selling an upgrade to make their games compatible with Operating Systems that didn't exist when the games were first released, and some fans are pissed. :huh:

1. Would you have been less upset if the word "patch" had never entered the conversation?  If Battlefront made an Official Vista/Windows 7 Compatibility Upgrade TM would you be less bothered by the idea of paying $5 for it?

2. Assuming there is no possibility of a free upgrade, for whatever reason, what would you rather see Battlefront do?  Let the games fade into oblivion as OSs evolve, or take the time anfd cost of making their games compatible with new OSs, but for a cost?

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on July 26, 2009, 08:44:03 PM

This issue is interesting to me.  A for-profit company, most likely a corporation with financial obligations to shareholders, developed and is selling an upgrade to make their games compatible with Operating Systems that didn't exist when the games were first released, and some fans are pissed. :huh:

1. Would you have been less upset if the word "patch" had never entered the conversation?  If Battlefront made an Official Vista/Windows 7 Compatibility Upgrade TM would you be less bothered by the idea of paying $5 for it?

2. Assuming there is no possibility of a free upgrade, for whatever reason, what would you rather see Battlefront do?  Let the games fade into oblivion as OSs evolve, or take the time anfd cost of making their games compatible with new OSs, but for a cost?

Years ago, when I really liked battlefront, I'd have no problem. But my attitude towards them has soured, although not to a matrix games level.

I'm just not going to pay for a patch from them. Especially one that tosses eLicense onto my system.

Berkut

I don't fault them for charging for this "patch", but it is an admission on their part that their game is basically dead, since it means that they are pretty much giving up selling new copies of the game.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned