Rapper Facing a Life Sentence for Recording an Album

Started by jimmy olsen, December 04, 2014, 07:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Eddie Teach

You know you're getting old when you start describing events of 6-7 years ago as "lately".  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 05, 2014, 07:39:16 AM
You know you're getting old when you start describing events of 6-7 years ago as "lately".  :(

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

:P

KRonn

Lately I've been feeling like that...

Norgy

Is disco beyond statutes of limitations yet? If not, go for it.

Sheilbh

Mart remembers the 'recent' past.

Courtesy of M. Butt.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

sbr

Quote from: Martinus on December 05, 2014, 07:38:58 AM
This is actually quite a fascinating story - here is an article from New Yorker:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2008/02/11/true-crime

WTF is this normal for Polish courtrooms?

QuoteEveryone's attention, it seemed, was directed toward a zoolike cage near the center of the courtroom. It was almost nine feet high and twenty feet long, and had thick metal bars. Standing in the middle of it, wearing a suit and peering out calmly through his spectacles, was Krystian Bala. He faced up to twenty-five years in prison.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: sbr on December 05, 2014, 08:26:54 PM

QuoteEveryone's attention, it seemed, was directed toward a zoolike cage near the center of the courtroom. It was almost nine feet high and twenty feet long, and had thick metal bars. Standing in the middle of it, wearing a suit and peering out calmly through his spectacles, was Krystian Bala. He faced up to twenty-five years in prison.

Maybe they figured he was too dangerous?  :hmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He1MTYvyUes
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

This is actually quite a fascinating story - here is an article from New Yorker:

That's some crazy shit! :blink:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Actually, I must have missed it. That's nuts. I have never seen or heard anything like this in a Polish court.  :huh:

Martinus

Ok here is a picture of the cage:

To me these are more prison bars than a "zoo-like cage" separating the accused from the rest of the courtroom. Still, somewhat weird - but I suppose what else you do when you have a potentially criminally insane murderer?