What amendments would you make to the American constitution?

Started by jimmy olsen, December 03, 2014, 10:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I'd overthrow Ide. But in a gesture of Mercy worthy of a Caesar, he would be allowed to retire to an estate with an annual stipend. Of VHS movies.

Tim would be executed. Horribly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

...Actually, if I were given dictatorial powers, I would abolish the Constitution.  What good would it be, when the Philosopher King has arrived?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 03, 2014, 11:41:21 PM
I'd overthrow Ide. But in a gesture of Mercy worthy of a Caesar, he would be allowed to retire to an estate with an annual stipend. Of VHS movies.

I'd go like Seneca. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Sheilbh

He still wouldn't get round to 1941.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on December 03, 2014, 11:42:23 PM

I'd go like Seneca. <_<

Death by Betamax.

Tonitrus

That's Ide, out in the hall...

Siege

These are the changes needed:

1- Term limits for Congress. Two terms for Senators (12 years max), 6 terms for the House (12 years max as well). This is the only way to control corruption and special interests, eliminating the permanent political class we have now. The fouding fathers never had in mind people in Congress for 30 years and more.

2- Senators elected by internal vote at the State Houses, so now winning at State level becomes relevant at national level.

3- Term limits for Justices. Maybe 20 years? IDK.

4- Regulatory power back to Congress, not with the gazillion agencies and departments the executive branch now has.

5- Mandatory yearly budgets for the goverment. Goverment shutdown if they go over budget.

6- Power back to the States. No more departments of agriculture or education. Federal goverments is foreign policy and military.

7- Tax reform. Simple tax code that everyone can understand. No capital gains tax or foreign investment tax. No inherency tax.

8- Safety net as low as possible, to help only the disabilited, the elderly, etc., but not the fit in working age people.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 03, 2014, 11:46:05 PM

That's Ide, out in the hall...

:lmfao:

Tonitrus

I don't understand why everyone is in love with strangling free elections with term limits.  :rolleyes:

garbon

Quote from: Siege on December 03, 2014, 11:47:21 PM
These are the changes needed:

1- Term limits for Congress. Two terms for Senators (12 years max), 6 terms for the House (12 years max as well). This is the only way to control corruption and special interests, eliminating the permanent political class we have now. The fouding fathers never had in mind people in Congress for 30 years and more.

2- Senators elected by internal vote at the State Houses, so now winning at State level becomes relevant at national level.

3- Term limits for Justices. Maybe 20 years? IDK.

4- Regulatory power back to Congress, not with the gazillion agencies and departments the executive branch now has.

5- Mandatory yearly budgets for the goverment. Goverment shutdown if they go over budget.

6- Power back to the States. No more departments of agriculture or education. Federal goverments is foreign policy and military.

7- Tax reform. Simple tax code that everyone can understand. No capital gains tax or foreign investment tax. No inherency tax.

8- Safety net as low as possible, to help only the disabilited, the elderly, etc., but not the fit in working age people.

Wow this sounds...dreadful!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 03, 2014, 11:49:27 PM
I don't understand why everyone is in love with strangling free elections with term limits.  :rolleyes:

You can't let people have what they want.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I don't get that, either.  But I think it's aimed more at politicians they don't like, rather than ones they do.  ;)

Ideologue

I'm not sure "regulatory power back to Congress" is necessary.  I think they have that power now.  You know, um, the one where they have the power to pass laws? :lol:
Kinemalogue

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 03, 2014, 11:50:57 PM

I don't get that, either.  But I think it's aimed more at politicians they don't like, rather than ones they do.  ;)

Politicians I like....hmmmm....that's a tough one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

To limit democracy, which is bad, in favor of technocracy, which is good.
Kinemalogue