News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Japan Ripe for Conquest

Started by Habbaku, June 14, 2009, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on June 15, 2009, 11:16:14 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2009, 11:14:36 AMThat is sort of like fantasizing about a Simpsons character.

NSFW:
http://imgur.com/717L.jpg

Proves Malthus' theory that fetishes have never been particularly sane.  That cant be real.

saskganesh

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 15, 2009, 11:20:09 AM
Quote from: Malthus on June 15, 2009, 11:18:49 AM
No way on earth am I clicking that link.  :lol:

It's pretty funny actually, but not sfw.

there's fucked up and then there's fucked up. that's fucked up.

this whole thread should be sent to war. or treeplanting. or roofing. or to play hockey. or something.
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

Hott.

I mean, pussy is pussy.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 15, 2009, 11:37:27 AM
Hott.

I mean, pussy is pussy.

We don't need to hear about your cat fetish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Palisadoes

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2009, 11:14:36 AM
But why the hell would any sane person want to look like an anime character?

That is sort of like fantasizing about a Simpsons character.
Well... Lois from Family Guy is quite hot... considering she's a cartoon, I mean.

BuddhaRhubarb

I don't think this is a "sizable" portion of Japanese men. just a few scrawny Otaku who have a bit of fashion sense. I used to see guys like that in Gay clubs... they didn't mate, just hung out, often pleasant to talk to. Adolescence there is lasting longer and longer than even in North America. 30 is the new 14.
:p

Valmy

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 15, 2009, 11:59:33 AM
Well... Lois from Family Guy is quite hot... considering she's a cartoon, I mean.

Well I guess the difference is you are only attracted to Lois to the extent she looks like a woman.  You are not attracted to real women because they look like cartoons.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on June 15, 2009, 12:02:22 PM
I don't think this is a "sizable" portion of Japanese men. just a few scrawny Otaku who have a bit of fashion sense. I used to see guys like that in Gay clubs... they didn't mate, just hung out, often pleasant to talk to. Adolescence there is lasting longer and longer than even in North America. 30 is the new 14.

That is a cultural difference that really freaks me out.  In Japanese media we are exposed to, like say video games, the protagonists are always about 15 or something freakishly young like that.

Kind of funny for one of the oldest populations in the world to have an obsession with being a young teen.

BuddhaRhubarb

The fantasy figures of youth in Japan also have far more social freedom than anyone does in the reality of the place. Fantasy is such a big element of the culture because the rest of it is so tightly wound.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 15, 2009, 11:37:27 AM
Hott.

I mean, pussy is pussy.

But sex will look like Homer giving you a blowjob. :x
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Then again, we're seeing the same sort of thing here.  Look at black people, for example.  Isn't gangsta culture nothing but a protracted adolescence, where you're never responsible for anything?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Neil on June 15, 2009, 12:26:12 PM
Then again, we're seeing the same sort of thing here.  Look at black people, for example.  Isn't gangsta culture nothing but a protracted adolescence, where you're never responsible for anything?

yeah it's actually subtler here, we don't have that need to turn everything into a fetish as they do in Japan. They have to channel all the excess shame somewhere. It piles up fast, that stuff.

Palisadoes

I dunno... isn't "Gangsta" (scumbag) culture just a fetish too?

Martinus

We gays have it too.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on June 16, 2009, 09:33:29 AM

We gays have it too.
Naturally, but that's a mental disorder, not a cultural phenomenon.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.