News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Started by Syt, November 18, 2014, 08:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

I was bummed when 'Trespasser' ended I had to start again!  This time with a female mage - reminds me of my time in WoW - where my main was one such.

I think she turned out alright - even though I'm better used at molding guys than gals.

Meet Miriel, future Knight Enchanter.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

Quote from: Berkut on September 10, 2015, 07:55:01 PM
I wish there was some way to get a reasonable ok looking avatar without spending an hour or more on it.
No pain, no gain!  :P

I seriously don't have the patience for this, so my characters aren't that good looking
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 10, 2015, 08:41:19 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 10, 2015, 07:23:34 PM
I think it would be okay to give a gay option that wasn't either Freddie Mercury or a monster.

Sure but is it maybe still an improvement over the terrorist and the magical psycho from DA2?

I kinda liked Fenris. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

I started the Descent.  It's decent.

Grallon

... Ha ha ha...

Seriously.  I did it all until the final encounter, which you will see tend to...  leave one frustrated.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

I shall see.  I'm in the Abyss now, just met those cracy lyrium armored infused dwarves that attacked me.

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on September 14, 2015, 01:27:50 AM
Seriously.  I did it all until the final encounter, which you will see tend to...  leave one frustrated.
ah, I see.  You weren't kidding! :)

I had to do it twice, reworked my abilities for my characters so they stayed up a little longer.  Thank the gods developpers for guard on hit armor and walking fortress.  That saved me.  Only Blackwall was left standing, heck, he was the only one to survive for the last 30 minutes of the fight :P  (Valmy, take some notes! :D ).

It was impossibly difficult compared to the rest of the game.

Scipio

I played Jaws of Hakkon, and got sucked back in. Bought the other two expansions, even though I'm broke. Fuck.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Scipio

Finished it and all DLC with my lady Qunari mage Inquisitor what was into Blackwall. An interesting view of everything. Made Leiliana the Divine this time. One thing that's nice about having reached the cap, I find that the grind disappears for me. The level of agency in the ending of the Trespasser DLC is very nice indeed. Getting to make that final decision in a denouement really capped the experience.

And what a setup for the fourth game.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

viper37

I figure I have time to play it before Valmy's AAR reach that point :D
I hate paying 15$ for such a short DLC though.  Hopefully, there will be some Black Friday specials before I need to buy it :)

Solmyr

Scipio

-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Solmyr

Are they as grindy as the main game?

Grallon

Quote from: Solmyr on September 21, 2015, 05:27:13 AM
Are they as grindy as the main game?

No.  The Descent can be done in 8-10 hours but it's essentially a hack & slash DLC.  Trespasser, which concludes DAI, is tightly scripted and story driven.

G.

~Jean-François Revel