News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Started by Syt, November 18, 2014, 08:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

So far, I'm not impressed by the controls.

For those of us with an AMD card, we apparently need the latest beta driver wich include MANTLE support for DA:I.

Other than that, DX11 graphics are really nice.  It feels like, finally, 5 years after that API was released on PC, we get games that fully use it.  Thank you console world for 5 years of miserable gaming.

Anyway, so far, I've spent 30 minutes configuring the game and my character, 30 minutes playing, up to the first real mission after the intro.

My impressions: the controls are bad.  Really bad.  They are done for a console with a gamepad, not a PC.  And apparently, Xbox wireless controllers don't work out of the box with the game.

The characters seem nice enough for the little I've played.  The character approval is so far logical.  The story is a little bit weird.  It begins with my character being chased by some weird insect like creatures, a female like figure extending her hand, a giant green void/explosion and me dropping on the ground surrounded by soldiers, than shifts to me in a cell, in bindings, being by Cassandra and Leliana, arguing if I should die or not (obviously, none of the answers really matter, they aren't going to kill me, duh! :P ).

You need to use Dragon Age: Keep (www.dragonagekeep) to configure your world, since it does not import savegames.
This seems to work fine.

In 30 minutes, I managed to experience one crash/freeze when I tried quitting the game.  It does not bode well for the future.

Will try some more, will wait if there's a patch later today, then decide if I return it before midnight.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Legbiter

Yeah the gameplay's looked clunky for a while now. But I can overlook that if the story & characters are good. DA 2's were fairly bad for a Bioware title.

Also I'm not exactly thrilled with the seeming tumblrsexualization/SJW-ing of the franchise so I'm skipping this one by the looks of it. The new Witcher game will probably be more of a my thing. Well unless you guys rave about it constantly here.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

Quote from: Legbiter on November 18, 2014, 03:24:36 PM
the seeming tumblrsexualization/SJW-ing of the franchise
and what would that be in plain english, the language you'd expect a 40 year old to understand on a mostly english speaking board?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Legbiter

Quote from: viper37 on November 18, 2014, 04:13:09 PMand what would that be in plain english, the language you'd expect a 40 year old to understand on a mostly english speaking board?

In short, romance overload. The last DLC for ME 3 for instance basically turned it into a dating sim. Jars one out of the setting.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Quote from: Legbiter on November 18, 2014, 04:24:05 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 18, 2014, 04:13:09 PMand what would that be in plain english, the language you'd expect a 40 year old to understand on a mostly english speaking board?

In short, romance overload. The last DLC for ME 3 for instance basically turned it into a dating sim. Jars one out of the setting.

Well that's DLC...so avoidable, no?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

In my day we were happy if we could romance a stone.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: Legbiter on November 18, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Hmm, wasn't the last DLC the Citadel one?  I don't remember it like that, I really enjoyed it, in fact, with the silly humor :)

Scipio

I'm enjoying it immensely. The combat is superior to the first two games, and the controls are quite workable (especially the tactical camera with auto-pause). Still getting the hang of queueing up orders effectively.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

garbon

Reading the reviews, this sounds pretty fun.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Yeah it does. I'm not doing it though. I'll wait for a discount. They can't get away with taking me at full price after selling me DA2.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

viper37

I felt the same.  But I was weak :(

Martinus

Now all I need to do is to convince my boyfriend to lend me the PS4.  :ph34r:

garbon

why did you take a photo of that? :unsure:

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 20, 2014, 11:29:41 AM
why did you take a photo of that? :unsure:

Because we live in an instagram age? :unsure:

garbon