Erdogan: Muslims discovered America in 12th century

Started by Syt, November 16, 2014, 05:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Suleyman the Magnificent sent rockets to the moon in the 16th century. True story.

Erdogan's descent into Turkmenbashi territory will at least be highly amusing. If you don't live in Turkey. Or near Turkey.

Caliga

Quote from: Viking on November 16, 2014, 05:40:59 AM
Unlike the claims that the Chinese did it, or the Welsh did it or the Musselmans did it the Icelanders did do it and we have y'know archeology.

In any case none of these putative and (one) real discovery really matter since they had no effect. This says more about Erdogan than about reality.
:yes:

I still wonder how far south the Norse got.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on November 16, 2014, 03:44:38 PM
Quote from: Viking on November 16, 2014, 05:40:59 AM
Unlike the claims that the Chinese did it, or the Welsh did it or the Musselmans did it the Icelanders did do it and we have y'know archeology.

In any case none of these putative and (one) real discovery really matter since they had no effect. This says more about Erdogan than about reality.
:yes:

I still wonder how far south the Norse got.

The Welsh made it to Colorado.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Siege

Siege to Erdogan: Jews discovered Turkey in 12th century, BCE.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Siege

garbon

Indeed. No one wants to see that pasty white thing!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Garbon, you are disgusting.
We both know you love white pasty things, specially if they come from fake white jews like me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Siege on November 16, 2014, 05:48:29 PM
Garbon, you are disgusting.
We both know you love white pasty things, specially if they come from fake white jews like me.

You make pastries now?  Is that why your avatar is "Master chef"?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Quote from: Norgy on November 16, 2014, 03:36:41 PM
Suleyman the Magnificent sent rockets to the moon in the 16th century. True story.

Erdogan's descent into Turkmenbashi territory will at least be highly amusing. If you don't live in Turkey. Or near Turkey.
IDK.  This is a tradition that goes back to the Empire.  Turcocentrism goes back more than a century now.  Look up Sun Language Theory. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM