News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Would you buy extra vacation?

Started by alfred russel, November 14, 2014, 03:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

You get 3 weeks vacation...you can buy 1 more week for 1.92% of your pay. What do you do?

Buy it. I'm lazy and don't want to work.
9 (36%)
Buy it. I'm European and believe in taking vacation (note: this option is redundant with option 1).
10 (40%)
Don't buy it. I just surf the net at work, and that is probably what I'd do on vacation anyway. I'd rather be paid for it.
4 (16%)
Don't buy it. Work and money fill the void that is my life, so please don't take both from me.
2 (8%)
Does not compute. JiB does not offer paid time off (Jaron option)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on November 14, 2014, 05:14:21 PM
Wow. Do you occasionally mix some real coffee in with the decaf?

Absolutely not. :mad:

My hands shake if I drink too much caffeine. So I stick to decaf. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Pleted pants are not very spontaneous. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

MadImmortalMan

Time spent does not equal productivity. Take the time even if you don't wind up taking a trip or anything. Also, law 30 says make your accomplishments seem effortless. You can take all the vacation you want because you're just that damn good.

Unless you're one of those poor dudes who need to bank the billable hours. Sucks to be them.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

I just surf the net at work most of the time.

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on November 14, 2014, 05:11:24 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2014, 04:33:37 PM
At least you're doing your part for the company.

And they're further rewarding me by letting me pick something out of the 10 Year Anniversary section of the catalog!!  What should I go for-- the one person tent, tiny portable electric "grill", a previous generation video game console, or a programmable coffee maker*??

*I haven't actually seen that section yet; just speculating on the lameness

I just went through the 5 year anniversary deal...not a lot of great stuff in the catalog. Except they had a 2 piece luggage set, and I could use new luggage. The picture showed a large bag you would check, and a carry on. I have a good carry on, but could use a big check in bag, so went for that. Only when it arrived it was a carry on bag and a completely useless toiletry bag.  :rolleyes:

Hopefully I will choose more wisely for my 10 year anniversary.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Iormlund

Yes. But I would settle to get a day off for every 8 hrs overtime (about 600 hrs this year so far, which I don't get paid for).

Martinus

By the way, is this 1.92% of your monthly pay or annual pay?

Zanza

Quote from: Martinus on November 15, 2014, 04:12:57 AM
If it was monthly pay the only rational thing to do would be to take four weeks extra per month and just work another job while still getting 90% of your salary.

Iormlund

Quote from: Zanza on November 15, 2014, 04:18:33 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 15, 2014, 04:12:57 AM
If it was monthly pay the only rational thing to do would be to take four weeks extra per month and just work another job while still getting 90% of your salary.

Another job where you could do the same thing.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on November 14, 2014, 03:31:01 PM
A bit of answer 3 and a bit of answer 4. I'm a workaholic. I have like 8 weeks of unused vacation. :P
Same. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Life is just one big long vacation,

from death.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"