And we're back!

Main Menu

Tear Down The Wall

Started by mongers, November 09, 2014, 09:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 14, 2014, 12:48:44 PM
Quote from: Siege on November 12, 2014, 02:56:55 PM
I was sucking dick in the middle of nowhere.

Business or pleasure?

For Siege, that's a false dichotomy.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

KRonn

I remember seeing it on TV and realizing the immensity of the event, the changing of Europe with other former Soviet Bloc nations also having gained independence or would soon as that's how things were heading. I remember before that Poland and Solidarity there, then how I think it was Hungary which was going its own way more and more. I also remember how in Romania there was fighting going on and some of the former rulers were treated quite badly, I think some killed?

"Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" Great phrase by Pres Regan from a few years before. 

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: KRonn on November 14, 2014, 02:19:46 PM
I remember seeing it on TV and realizing the immensity of the event, the changing of Europe with other former Soviet Bloc nations also having gained independence or would soon as that's how things were heading. I remember before that Poland and Solidarity there, then how I think it was Hungary which was going its own way more and more. I also remember how in Romania there was fighting going on and some of the former rulers were treated quite badly, I think some killed?

"Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" Great phrase by Pres Regan from a few years before.

Ceauscuscu (sp?) and his wife were indeed shot.

derspiess

Ceau-couscous :D

I remember being in church Christmas Eve 1989 and our minister giving a special prayer for the people of Romania.  I remember thinking that Couscous shithead was gonna get away.  Little did I know he & his wife were about to be ventilated.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 14, 2014, 05:19:21 PM
I remember being in church Christmas Eve 1989 and our minister giving a special prayer for the people of Romania.  I remember thinking that Couscous shithead was gonna get away.  Little did I know he & his wife were about to be ventilated.

That was awesome.  As fitting an ending for a pair of shitballs like that if there ever was one.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2014, 05:28:02 PM

That was awesome.  As fitting an ending for a pair of shitballs like that if there ever was one.

It was indeed fitting, personally I think all dictators and perhaps most politicans, certainly leaders deserve a lower level of evidence for 'conviction'.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: KRonn on November 14, 2014, 02:19:46 PM

I'd forgotten about that, but was actually quoting a Pink Floyd track on the album 'The Wall', plus Roger Walters did an epic stage show of the album at the Brandenburg Gate within a year of Berlin wall falling.

I wonder if he got invited to the celebrations?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2014, 05:28:02 PM

Qaddafi's ending was pretty epic as well.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive