News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Scotland feels the wrath of the British

Started by viper37, November 04, 2014, 10:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Best whisky in the world won by Japanese single malt, English whisky named best european whisky

Scottish distilleries are in shock after a Japanese single malt was named the best whisky in the world.
   Whisky expert Jim Murray described the Yamazaki Single Malt Sherry Cask 2013 as a drink of "near incredible genius", awarding it 97.5 marks out of 100 in the 2015 World Whisky Bible.
To add insult to injury it is the first time in the Whisky Bible's 12-year history that a Scottish malt has failed to make the top five drams. It is also the first year that a Japanese whisky claimed the highest accolade.
Mr Murray, who oversees the review that samples over 4,500 different whiskies, labelled the results a "wake up call" for Scottish distilleries, claiming the winner was "a single malt which no Scotch can at the moment get anywhere near".
[...]

Poor Scots :(
;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I forwarded a similar story to my Scottish boss today. He said he had had a whisky of the Yamazaki brand (thought not this one) and confirmed that it's indeed splendid.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Josquius

In my experience Japanese whisky is an oxymoron. But of course I never touch the expensive stuff.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

I've had some good top shelf Japanese whiskey.  Worst whiskey I've ever had was this stuff made in Argentina.  They can make all sorts of good, cheap brandy down there but FFS nobody knows how to make a drinkable whiskey.  Nobody down there drinks whiskey anyway.  I have a 1L bottle of Knob Creek I've had down at my in-laws for 8 years or so.  I'm the only one who ever touches it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Syt

I'm out of Ardbeg, Knob Creek and Laphroaig. Currently only have JD's honey variety, Connemara Single Malt and Connemara Turf Mór.

I need to do some shopping this weekend.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Anyone tried (or even heard of) Buchanon's whiskey?  There was a Spanish language commercial for it at the beginning of a Shakira video someone posted.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Not sure where the thread title comes from, other than trolling.  <_<

A more accurate title might be "Scottish malt whiskey has a bad year as Japanese take top spot and English whiskey registers a distinct improvement." ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 04, 2014, 01:12:05 PM

A more accurate title might be "Scottish malt whiskey has a bad year as Japanese take top spot and English whiskey registers a distinct improvement." ?

<_<
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Because that's the Languish tradition, to make appropriate, accurate and neutral thread titles? :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on November 04, 2014, 01:50:59 PM

Because that's the Languish tradition, to make appropriate, accurate and neutral thread titles? :)

I dare you to point to any of my threads which have wildly inaccurate or deceptive titles.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Warspite

How can any drink be 'near incredible genius'. Fucking food and drink critics.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA