NCAA Basketball 2014-2015 (This may help ease the pain)

Started by PDH, November 02, 2014, 10:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Wyoming is back and is going to...be better than last year.  The pundits have W.Y.O. as anywhere from 2nd to 6th place in the Mountain West, but frankly I am ready to see what happens.

I already vote Larry Nance, Jr. as the national player of the year.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Last year was supposed to be a disaster but turned out to be glorious.  This year is supposed to be glorious so...

The only thing I know for certain is Rick Barnes offense will be as horrible as ever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2014, 11:17:40 PM
Last year was supposed to be a disaster but turned out to be glorious.  This year is supposed to be glorious so...

The only thing I know for certain is Rick Barnes offense will be as horrible as ever.

Wyoming's coach was a Barnes assistant back in the day.  Wyoming doesn't do offense that well either.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

UDub is middle of road pac-12 team this year, and folks are looking at highly regarded recruiting class they have signed for next season.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: PDH on November 03, 2014, 08:16:22 PM

Wyoming's coach was a Barnes assistant back in the day.  Wyoming doesn't do offense that well either.

I used to prefer defensive roundball.  John Beilein has cured me of that.  Dunno if Michigan can reload a third time, though.  The team could be great, but could be meh.  For the third straight year, it is younger than the team before it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

Wyoming starts off the season with a win against mighty Northern Colorado 78-70.  If they keep this up and score more points than their opponents then Wyoming will win out the rest of the season.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on November 03, 2014, 08:58:54 PM
Quote from: PDH on November 03, 2014, 08:16:22 PM

I used to prefer defensive roundball.  John Beilein has cured me of that.  Dunno if Michigan can reload a third time, though.  The team could be great, but could be meh.  For the third straight year, it is younger than the team before it.

I still prefer good defence that turns into great transition offence.  But I have to admit watching Michigan play has been a fun ride the last few years.  Looking forward to seeing how they look this year.

Ed Anger

Wright state starts off 2-0. They'll blow the Horizon league though.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

UK has a pretty good team.  They might be able to put together a respectable season this year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2014/11/19/7251979/arizona-coach-is-open-pass-him-the-ball

:lol:

#1 Sean Miller is off the bench all the way out to the 3 point line, where an official has to see him.

#2 it is 4-0 and less than 3 minutes into a game against UC Irvine

What a douche

Berkut

Miller is a bit of a spaz at times. And I bet the official did NOT see him, in fact. Why would the center official be looking there - there aren't any players there, and he has an active matchup in the post.

Did you see Hollis-Jefferson dunk over their 7'6" center?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on November 20, 2014, 10:04:50 AM
Miller is a bit of a spaz at times. And I bet the official did NOT see him, in fact. Why would the center official be looking there - there aren't any players there, and he has an active matchup in the post.

Unless his peripheral vision wasn't working, he had to notice a dude in a suit to his left.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on November 20, 2014, 10:08:08 AM
Quote from: Berkut on November 20, 2014, 10:04:50 AM

Unless his peripheral vision wasn't working, he had to notice a dude in a suit to his left.

Not really. He has the ball in his area of the court, and the active match up is in his primary coverage area. And there aren't any players out there, so you pretty much are focused on what is happening right there.

Miller is on and off the court rather quickly. I am rather certain the official didn't see him, in fact. His head never moves.

The opposite side official might have seen him looking through the play.

But this is one of those weird things that should never happen, hence the mechanics don't have any means of catching it - the entire point of mechanics is to try to ensure that the officials are NOT looking at parts of the court that don't matter.

He might have seen something out of his peripheral, but he isn't going to take his eyes of the play.

0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

sbr

Not shown, Sean Miller setting a pick to free the guy.