Lena Dunham Defends Herself After Being Accused of Molesting Her Sister

Started by garbon, November 02, 2014, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2014, 02:15:40 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 03, 2014, 02:14:12 PM
She's not even really that fat.

:huh: She's shaped like a shmoo.

Exactly.  I got into a heated discussion with a plus-sized female friend of mine over this.  It's not an issue per se that Dunham has some extra weight, it's that it's distributed so freakishly to her thighs and she thinks we need to see it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 03, 2014, 02:28:09 PM
After derspiess that is.

Oh. Maybe that's why he wanted me to mock him about it. As some sort of achievement?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on November 03, 2014, 02:26:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 03, 2014, 02:16:14 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 03, 2014, 12:57:38 PM
garbon seems to post a lot of threads about this Dunham lady.

I guess that's the issue with regards to relying on perceptions. Search function indicates this is the only thread I've ever made on Dunham (though I have posted tidbits about her in the midst of other threads). ;)

Heh.

You're still the number one Dunham-phile on this board, I'm pretty sure.

Well I'm probably one of the few that ever watched the show and it always gets a rise out of Ed and Derspiess.

By the by, search revealed 27 posts that I've made where I mentioned Dunham or she was mentioned in something I quoted - 6 of which were in this thread. Hardly seem fair to classify me as a Dunham-phile after that measly amount of posts.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on November 03, 2014, 02:37:54 PM
Well I'm probably one of the few that ever watched the show and it always gets a rise out of Ed and Derspiess.

By the by, search revealed 27 posts that I've made where I mentioned Dunham or she was mentioned in something I quoted - 6 of which were in this thread. Hardly seem fair to classify me as a Dunham-phile after that measly amount of posts.

Okay... I guess the process went like this:

1 - I only know about Dunham from this board.

2 - The main people who've talked about her are you, spicy, and ed.

3 - I discount pretty much everything spicy and ed say about women.

4 - By process of elimination, you're the only one who've said anything about Dunham on this board that I've registered.

5 - Ergo, I know about Dunham because of you.

But I'll retract allegations of Dunham-philia on your part, even if the garbon-Dunham link remains solid in my psyche.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2014, 02:33:40 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2014, 02:15:40 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 03, 2014, 02:14:12 PM
She's not even really that fat.

:huh: She's shaped like a shmoo.

Exactly.  I got into a heated discussion with a plus-sized female friend of mine over this.  It's not an issue per se that Dunham has some extra weight, it's that it's distributed so freakishly to her thighs and she thinks we need to see it.

She looks like Big Hero 6.  With tats.

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 03, 2014, 01:39:10 AMA properly adjusted adult should show shame and remorse when writing about they used to burn ants as kid. She doesn't seem to show either of the two.
She should show shame and remorse? :blink:
Let's bomb Russia!

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2014, 02:47:47 PM
Now look who's spending too much time & energy on the topic :D

:D

Yeah... I'm trying to distract myself from other stuff, and it's working. Thanks Obama!

The Brain

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 03, 2014, 03:31:46 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 03, 2014, 01:39:10 AMA properly adjusted adult should show shame and remorse when writing about they used to burn ants as kid. She doesn't seem to show either of the two.

Anything but skin, really.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 03, 2014, 03:31:46 PM

I think there is such a thing as oversharing. I'd think it would be a good idea to stay away from sharing anything that you, yourself, would describe as just like the actions of a sexual predator.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.