Main Menu

Spring forward! Fall Back!

Started by Admiral Yi, November 01, 2014, 07:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 01, 2014, 07:43:09 PM
You're welcome.

Had this last Sunday, just another 14 weeks of shorter days than today to go.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josquius

Indeed. Yoire late.
It is easier to wake up in the morning now.
Though working past five has become tough
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

We are not late, you are too fast.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

sbr

Nice, the clock in my living room is correct again.

mongers

Quote from: sbr on November 03, 2014, 02:35:17 PM
Nice, the clock in my living room is correct again.

:lol:

A true Languishite.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Back in the day, Comedy Central used to run an ad that said "Remember: Fall forward, Spring back".  Now that sticks in my mind more than the correct way.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

I wish they'd leave the clocks alone, on the summer schedule, at least for the northeast. I've felt that way for years just to avoid the hassle and what seems unnecessary or outdated aspect of it, but I recently read an article saying that. It also argues that since we're further east from the rest of the east cost it makes more sense for us to stay on daylight saving time anyway.

Barrister

Quote from: KRonn on November 03, 2014, 02:54:41 PM
I wish they'd leave the clocks alone, on the summer schedule, at least for the northeast. I've felt that way for years just to avoid the hassle and what seems unnecessary or outdated aspect of it, but I recently read an article saying that. It also argues that since we're further east from the rest of the east cost it makes more sense for us to stay on daylight saving time anyway.

For those of us living in a higher latitude it just doesn't feel like it makes much difference.  In the winter there just aren't enough daylight hours to go around no matter how you slice them.  In comparison, in the summer there are more daylight hours than you could possibly need.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

KRonn

Yeah, seems that way sometimes. In the summer it doesn't get dark until 8:30 or so. I can't even go to bed at 6pm when it's still light out!    ;)