News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NaNoWriMo 2014

Started by garbon, November 01, 2014, 07:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I'm still going fairly strong. After failing a bit yesterday between my sister showing up and having drinks with a friend from Rome visit, I rallied today and got out about 2,800 words putting me just shy by about 50 of the total words I should have by this day to be on track. Exhausting! :D -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I'm carefully optimistic that I might hit 5000 words tonight.   :Embarrass:

I got side tracked with plot development, world building and drawing maps.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Well, I made it to just over 4000 this morning. I guess I need to work on my commitment and especially my focus.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

I'm dusting off my old laptop that I used before my current desktop PC. Currently cleaning it up to get its Win7 up to date and remove everything not writing related. Also getting the small laptop table up from the basement to have a separate writing space.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

I've been failing like mad. Need to see this weekend if I can catch up or if attempt is doomed. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2014, 12:05:49 PM
I've been failing like mad. Need to see this weekend if I can catch up or if attempt is doomed. :blush:

How are you guys doing now?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

Let's not talk about it.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

They should rename it November. You know, like a cross between "novels" and "November". :contract:

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2014, 12:05:49 PM

You non-Jewish, non-Catholic people are pathetic, in needing a special month to contrive a reason to feel bad about yourself. I just have to call my mother.

garbon

My mother generally treats me kindly. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2014, 08:15:57 AM
You non-Jewish, non-Catholic people are pathetic, in needing a special month to contrive a reason to feel bad about yourself. I just have to call my mother.

:lol:

I have 11 months to not be motivated to write anything, why should 1 month be any more special?

mongers

I don't know why some of you guys set yourselves up for a fall over this each year. 

You should be glad you actually wrote some prose, rather than you failed an arbitrary target set by someone else.  :)

Hell, I couldn't string a single coherent paragraph together, given a month deadline. 
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on November 24, 2014, 09:55:56 AM
I don't know why some of you guys set yourselves up for a fall over this each year. 

You should be glad you actually wrote some prose, rather than you failed an arbitrary target set by someone else.  :)

Hell, I couldn't string a single coherent paragraph together, given a month deadline. 

I completed the challenge last year, so I strike the notion that it is necessarily a fall each year.

Martinus

Quote from: mongers on November 24, 2014, 09:55:56 AM

FYPFY :P