NFL Week 9: Our long national nightmare of baseball is over

Started by CountDeMoney, October 30, 2014, 11:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Stupid Steelheads always pick their Ravens games to honor old Steelheads, this time it's Mean Joe Greene's jersey being retired.  They do that shit on purpose, just to get everybody all fired the fuck up.

Sophie Scholl

An idiot friend of mine made the claim that Peyton is a glorified average qb.  I told him to start watching soccer. :rolleyes:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Typical AFC North slugfest.  A world apart from the NFC South tickle fight they had last Thursday.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Also, nice to see Harrison do stuff for the Steelers that he couldn't be bothered to do for the Bungles last year.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

sbr

I'm a few minutes behind but that was a bitch-ass move by suggs to hit blount low and behind.

CountDeMoney

Yeah, at least Blount waits until the game is over for his sucker hits.  Bad Terrell, bad.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 02, 2014, 08:26:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2014, 07:41:16 PM
Colt McCoy would have won that game  :mad:

Yup.  But the Danny needs to see a return on investment now now now.  Even in a loss.

It is just crazy.  The Redskins desperately needed that game.  They would have been 4-5 with a game against Tampa Bay coming up.  But sure go ahead and tank the season, why not?  It is not like they haven't done that most years since 1991.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

1991?  Better get comfortable.

QuoteDaniel Snyder
Born: November 23, 1964 (age 49)

QuoteAverage life expectancy, United States (male): 75.4 years

jimmy olsen

Holy crap the Pats looked great! I just hope they're not peaking too early.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

I think he made it at the right time. Did they call a penalty?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KRonn

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 03, 2014, 05:45:26 AM
Holy crap the Pats looked great! I just hope they're not peaking too early.

Yeah, they looked good yesterday.  Broncos are a tough team, good defense and a top offense. I hope this is a sign that the Patriot's team is pulling it together with the new players,  because they've been having their problems, though have been getting better as they play more games.

CountDeMoney

Ravens managed to flush their season down the toilet in two weeks.  This early in the season, pretty sure that's some sort of record.