Cal eats his way around the world, or the Cal Colon Report

Started by Caliga, November 01, 2014, 01:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 01, 2014, 02:47:14 PM
So, 15 booths in how many days?  :D
Over three days, basically.  Today I finished up but left Epcot because it actually got windy and cold. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on November 01, 2014, 02:59:12 PM
Ireland and New Zealand get their own booths .But Africa? That's just one country right?
I was going to make a Sarah Palin joke earlier when I was writing that post, but I knew you wouldn't get it. :hug:

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on November 01, 2014, 03:03:03 PM
:cheers:
Mart, what is Okocim OK?  They had that at the Poland booth but I didn't know what it was so I didn't get it.  I'm guessing it was some sort of booze.  They also had a drink called 'frozen Szarlotka' and I didn't know what that was either.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on November 01, 2014, 03:06:55 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 01, 2014, 03:03:03 PM
:cheers:
Mart, what is Okocim OK?  They had that at the Poland booth but I didn't know what it was so I didn't get it.  I'm guessing it was some sort of booze.  They also had a drink called 'frozen Szarlotka' and I didn't know what that was either.

Google is telling me that a Szarlotka is a cake.  :hmm:

Caliga

Caliga

Last night I ate like 15-20 teriyaki spare ribs. :blush:

This Hawaiian dude on stage ate fire, though.  That was pretty cool.

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on November 01, 2014, 01:58:49 PM
RUNNER UP:  Puerto Rico

Another of the larger booths with a large dedicated dining area.  Here we had outstanding tostones with what tasted like fry sauce, and I think we also got a rum cocktail but I can't rememer for sure.  :blush:  I've also heard rumors of a permanent Puerto Rico exhibit going in at Epcot, which seems pretty weird to me since it ain't a country, but since Puerto Rico is awesome I'd be ok with that if it happened, especially if it sort of represented the Caribbean as a whole.

A permanent Epcot Puerto Rico kind of funny given the large number of Puerto Ricans living metro Orlando.  You don't need to spend a fortune to go to Disneyfied Puerto Rico, you can just stop by a roadside stand and find the real thing.

I'm glad you had a good time in the sunshine state.  :cheers:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: The Brain on November 03, 2014, 03:52:03 PM
That Puerto Rican street gang give you any trouble?
:sleep:

On another forum people were discussing the possibility of a Puerto Rican pavilion and someone objected because it would attract a 'criminal element' to Epcot. :lol:  Yeah, and the Italy pavilion is controlled by the Mafia. :D

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."