NFL Week 9: Our long national nightmare of baseball is over

Started by CountDeMoney, October 30, 2014, 11:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2014, 10:39:48 AM
Ravens managed to flush their season down the toilet in two weeks.  This early in the season, pretty sure that's some sort of record.

They still have a winning record and could be back on top in the same amount of time it took them to sink to the bottom.  They'll need to run the tables on their division games, of course.  But it seems very possible that three AFC North teams could make the playoffs.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

They only have 1 divisional game left, against the Browns, and they won't be able to finish about .500 in the division, dude.  The ratbird is cooked.

derspiess

Thought they had three left for some reason.  But it looks like they can finish with a 3-3 division record.  Plus their remaining schedule seems a bit on the soft side.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

No, NFL Properties wanted to make sure they were not going to be in the playoff discussion later by scheduling their Bengals and Steelhead games in the first half of the season.   :P

derspiess

Wonder what the purpose was of having the Bengals play the Steelers twice in December?  Might as well start working out some replacement punters now.

derspiess

Anyway I ended up losing last week's LFFL game after I won it.  In the back of my mind I was thinking a stat correction could overturn my 0.40 margin victory.  Made up for it this week, though.  Gonna stick with Rapistburger until he goes cold.  Everyone else overachieved as well.

And whomever has Jeremy Hill, I hope you started him :D

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2014, 04:38:47 PM
Wonder what the purpose was of having the Bengals play the Steelers twice in December?  Might as well start working out some replacement punters now.

Dolphins got similar weird scheduling with the Jets.

Neil

Playoff hype?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on November 03, 2014, 06:33:57 PM
Playoff hype?

NFL Properties loves their television revenue.

CountDeMoney

So my Dad is taking a digital camera course at the local community college, and while he'll have no hope of ever getting those credits transferred to a real university, he's learning all sorts of nifty things.

Asked the instructor why all the big telephoto lenses you see at NFL games were white, which were unmistakably Canon lenses:  well, apparently the NFL and Canon U.S.A. had a long-standing licensing agreement for years that sideline photographers could only use Canon.   :lol: If the league can figure out a way to make a buck, they will.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Nike, Canon, Budweiser, Gatorade and Microsoft are all fine brands.

sbr

Quote from: sbr on November 02, 2014, 05:47:17 PM
I got -3 points from Phillip Rivers in my $$ league.  :lol:

And I am going to win by double digits. :lol:

Grey Fox

I now lead Div1 of the LFFL, I did not expect that to happen.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.