News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Which is a more worthy cause to fight for?

Started by Tonitrus, October 28, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Of the major ongoing conflicts in the world, which is the most worthy?

Fighting against Russian-backed separatists in the Ukraine.
7 (17.9%)
Fight for Russian separatists in the Ukraine.
2 (5.1%)
Fighting ISIS/ISIL in Syria/Iraq.
12 (30.8%)
Fighting for ISIS/ISIL in Syria/Iraq (evil!)
0 (0%)
Fighting Ebola in West Africa.
13 (33.3%)
Fighting for Jaron against the Mormons.
3 (7.7%)
Make love, not war.
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Tonitrus

I've read a number of news stories about people from the U.S./Europe going off to fight in foreign lands, on both sides of world conflicts.  Where would you go, if so inclined (even only in theory)?

I am assuming no one is fight FOR Ebola, except perhaps, some people's own ignorance/superstitions.  :sleep:

alfred russel

The Russians in Ukraine are bad, but ISIS are beyond comic book levels of evil.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I will fight for Wyoming to someday have relevance in college sports.  I know it is a hopeless fight, but such is the struggle.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Monoriu

I will go back to work and fight for my legitimate government. 

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 28, 2014, 08:46:52 PM
I am assuming no one is fight FOR Ebola, except perhaps, some people's own ignorance/superstitions.  :sleep:

You obviously don't possess enough pharmaceutical stock.

CountDeMoney

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2014, 09:55:22 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on October 28, 2014, 08:46:52 PM

You obviously don't possess enough pharmaceutical stock.

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Fighting for ISIS, natch.  :osama:

Nah, it'd be fighting ebola of course. But as I lack both medical training and noble sentiments, there is little danger of that happening.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on October 28, 2014, 09:04:59 PM
I will go back to work and fight for my legitimate government. 

Glad to see Raz and Marty didn't scare you off Mono :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Voted for Fighting ISIS, but that was before I saw the Ebola option which I would have voted for instead.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Why aren't all evil options marked as such?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

"Fight for Russian separatists in the Ukraine. 1"

I see DGuller has voted already.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.