News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Toronto has a new mayor

Started by Martinus, October 28, 2014, 04:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Martinus on October 28, 2014, 04:23:10 AM
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/toronto2014election/2014/10/27/john_tory_elected_mayor_of_toronto_reports.html

Surprised 34% of people still voted for Ford.  :lol:
its a sad day for late night talk shows everywhere. Doug Ford didn't seem like as much of a mess as his brother, so I guess they wont mind too much.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Did Tory just start his speech in French to make sure the Fords wouldn't understand?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Liep

I hadn't even heard of his brother until I saw John Oliver's show. This seems like a missed opportunity, but then again I'm sure there's plenty of other politicians more than capable of making an ass of themselves.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Sign spotted in my neighbourhood - "Vote John Tory - We Need Boredom in Government".  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: HVC on October 28, 2014, 06:50:31 AM
Quote from: Martinus on October 28, 2014, 04:23:10 AM
http://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/toronto2014election/2014/10/27/john_tory_elected_mayor_of_toronto_reports.html

Surprised 34% of people still voted for Ford.  :lol:
its a sad day for late night talk shows everywhere. Doug Ford didn't seem like as much of a mess as his brother, so I guess they wont mind too much.

I dunno - sounds like Doug isn't as big of a mess in terms of drugs and alcohol, but is even more out of control in the stuff he says.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

A PC candidate named "Tory"?  C'mon.  :rolleyes:

Malthus

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 28, 2014, 09:13:03 PM
A PC candidate named "Tory"?  C'mon.  :rolleyes:

Heh, with a name like that, what other party would he run for?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Martinus

Btw, "progressive conservatives" is a great name for a party. :P

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on October 29, 2014, 08:38:00 AM
Btw, "progressive conservatives" is a great name for a party. :P

Sort of like "military intelligence"?  :hmm:

;)

Malthus

Anyway, Ford fans, all is not lost - Doug Ford has announced he's interested in running for leadership of the provincial Conservative party.

Goodby "Mayor" Ford - hello "Premier" Ford!

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on October 29, 2014, 08:46:09 AM
Anyway, Ford fans, all is not lost - Doug Ford has announced he's interested in running for leadership of the provincial Conservative party.

Goodby "Mayor" Ford - hello "Premier" Ford!

:punk:
Ontario will once again be a fun place to live in!
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.