Soldier shot at National War Memorial in Ottawa

Started by viper37, October 22, 2014, 09:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on October 23, 2014, 09:19:21 AM
Sadly I say a third of the board already has.  I repost something that libertarians showed me, I get all sorts of shit from people.  grallon goes on about genocide: Not a fucking peep.  If I stand up against that kind of bullshit Dguller calls me "defender of the faith".

It gets better :hug:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

I would buy Mr. Vikers a beer. :cheers:

By the way, what did the perp have? A shotgun or rifle? It sure was loud in the videos.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 23, 2014, 10:25:22 AM
I would buy Mr. Vikers a beer. :cheers:

By the way, what did the perp have? A shotgun or rifle? It sure was loud in the videos.
A rifle, imho.
He tried to shoot a first soldier but his gun jammed.  A shotgun doesn't jam like that, I think?
So, anyway, the first soldier went into hiding, but he had time to shoot the second one once his gun fired again.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: viper37 on October 23, 2014, 09:51:18 AM
Man arrested in Halifax, guns found in a bus stop.
News piece.

Probably not related, most likely another lunatic "inspired" by current events.

Yeah, there was a bit of "man with gun sighted, police responding, details unclear!!!!" panic cycling around in Vancouver as well at the time.

Jacob

Grallon

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 23, 2014, 09:29:40 AM

You should take it as a compliment.  We all realize there is no point in responding to Grallon.

You people refuse to admit the nature of the enemy, which boggles the mind considering what they've already accomplished. 

No matter, in the end it is *I* who will be proven right about the Muslim filth.  And I'll be here waiting, to rub it in your collective faces.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on October 23, 2014, 11:33:47 AM

You should take it as a compliment.  We all realize there is no point in responding to Grallon.

You people refuse to admit the nature of the enemy, which boggles the mind considering what they've already accomplished. 

No matter, in the end it is *I* who will be proven right about the Muslim filth.  And I'll be here waiting, to rub it in your collective faces.

G.

I think you have exemplified the "nature" of the "enemy" we need to confront while we also address the security issues we face.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Tamas

I was just thinking about the whole "western idiots join ISIS ranks". Truly, it seems to be almost limited to people with ethnic ties to Muslim people, but otherwise I think it is no different than, say, the Anarchists we had earlier.

Malthus

Quote from: Grallon on October 23, 2014, 11:33:47 AM

G.

Contrast with:

http://www.apmo786.org/ph_2009.htm

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on October 23, 2014, 11:52:05 AM
I was just thinking about the whole "western idiots join ISIS ranks". Truly, it seems to be almost limited to people with ethnic ties to Muslim people, but otherwise I think it is no different than, say, the Anarchists we had earlier.

What makes someone ethnically Muslim?

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 23, 2014, 11:56:29 AM
Quote from: Tamas on October 23, 2014, 11:52:05 AM

What makes someone ethnically Muslim?

You know how those old world societies are.  Sort of like how Serbs are ethnically Orthodox and the French are ethnically Catholic even if they are not practicing (or even if their family has been Calvinist for 400 years).  Bosniaks are distinct because of their religion for example.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."