News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[AAR] The Day I Protested for the Gays

Started by Fireblade, October 21, 2014, 08:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireblade

Today has been kind of a weird day. You guys all know I'm into politics or whatever. But I never thought I'd be the kind of guy to go out and actually, you know, protest. Well, I did it today.

Okay, so most of you know about the Family Research Council. They're the group that sponsored the Kill the Gays bill in Uganda, and say that doing gay shit is the same as being a pedophile and a dog-fucker. They put on a campaign event at the university I work with to support my dickhead state senator. I heard that some people were going to go protest them, so I figured I'd go and represent the university staff because muh first amendment rights.

It was kind of weird at first. We started out by chanting some slogans for the media and all the old people going to see a washed-up country musician play his shit music. Motherfuckers looked like they just realized they just walked into a gay bar, shit was so cash. Then the media came and started talking to everyone. This one girl from the local newspaper came up and asked these softball questions about why we were there, why we're protesting, and all that. I was worried I was going to fuck it up, but everyone around me said I did really well.

When we were wrapping up, these three kids from Tennessee came up and started me asking all these weird ass questions. This one nigga was trying to be all slick and hide his phone. This one chick started shouting "TRACKERS! THEY'RE TRACKERS!" Which I found out later are basically broke-ass college kids that get paid shit wages to drive around and film mundane shit. I wanted to tell the girl who was asking me the questions that I'm actually straight and my place is right up the road or whatever, but that shit probably wouldn't go over too well so I didn't.

In all, it was pretty fun and not nearly as gay as I thought it would be. 10/10 would protest with the gays again.

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

im still not getting "trackers". And why would it be bad youre a straight local?
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Tyr on October 21, 2014, 08:32:32 PM
im still not getting "trackers". And why would it be bad youre a straight local?

I'm guessing they're the peeps that go around and film everything, hoping to catch a "gotcha" moment/quote for the opposition.

Fireblade

Quote from: Tyr on October 21, 2014, 08:32:32 PM

Because she was a 9/10 and it would look bad if I started with the whole "ay bby u wan sum fuk?" thing. Not so much that I'd actually do anything because I'm married, but just to mess with their heads some.

"Trackers" are those people who follow politicians around and film everything they do in public in the hopes they say something stupid. It's where all those youtube videos of American politicians saying dumb shit comes from. Presumably, those kids follow pro-gay rights people around in the hopes that someone says "all breeders should be put in concentration camps" or something.

Fireblade

Quote from: garbon on October 21, 2014, 08:35:52 PM
omg, you did so well!

Being pro-fag is one thing everywhere else, it's still a little controversial in Arkansas. ;)

garbon

I'm trying real hard not to be cavalier about Arkansas. :weep:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Fireblade

Quote from: garbon on October 21, 2014, 08:44:45 PM

We're going to get to the 21st century eventually. Hey, we're even voting to legalize alcohol sales throughout the whole state!

garbon

Quote from: Fireblade on October 21, 2014, 08:59:14 PM

We're going to get to the 21st century eventually. Hey, we're even voting to legalize alcohol sales throughout the whole state!

Yeah but what century will the rest of us be in? :(

Fireblade

Quote from: garbon on October 21, 2014, 09:16:55 PM
Quote from: Fireblade on October 21, 2014, 08:59:14 PM

Yeah but what century will the rest of us be in? :(

564059th

Martinus