News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fighting fighting with fighting

Started by grumbler, October 21, 2014, 12:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Is fighting just a libertarian plot to take away our states?  And is fighting fighting merely adding to the problem, or does it simultaneously maximize justice, liberty, prosperity, social justice, truth, freedom, the American Way, hot dogs, apple pie, and ice cream flavor selections?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

Man, this War on Fighting is going to be awesome. I can't wait till there isn't any more fighting! :w00t:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

We should tax fighting if we want less of it, not subsidize it!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on October 21, 2014, 12:21:07 PM
Man, this War on Fighting is going to be awesome. I can't wait till there isn't any more fighting! :w00t:
Let's pledge to keep fighting until there is no more fighting!  :frog:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Well I started a trend. :D   Odd that it is followed by someone who doesn't think I have any redeeming value.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

You cannot fight fighting. As you can't fight the wind or the sun. Fighting will resist all velocity and impacts.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Should consenting adults be able to fight with their parents?

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 21, 2014, 03:20:55 PM

Before we take that up, shouldn't we finish resolving whether they should be able to marry them?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on October 21, 2014, 03:34:55 PM

Before we take that up, shouldn't we finish resolving whether they should be able to marry them?

Do you subscribe to the Ray Rice school of marriage?

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 21, 2014, 03:47:24 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on October 21, 2014, 03:34:55 PM

Do you subscribe to the Ray Rice school of marriage?

Mama said knock you out.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014