And we're back!

Main Menu

Viciously Slaughter Civilians: The Game

Started by FunkMonk, October 16, 2014, 06:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

So here's a thing......

QuoteCivilian massacring game Hatred courts controversy, gets it
Epic requested its logo be removed from the trailer.

By   Jeffrey Matulef Published 16/10/2014

Earlier today Polish developer Destructive Creations announced an isometric shooter in which you violently slaughter droves of civilians for no other reason than that your character is full of hate. It's called Hatred and it looks like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrX7G-1xPLs

It's not hard to see why this might upset folks, but Destructive Creations CEO Jarosław Zieliński isn't sweating it and seems pleased with the fervour it's inspired.

"The world's response to our trailer I can describe only by using OMFG words," Zieliński said in an e-mail exchange with Eurogamer. "I knew it will do some mess around because of the game's theme, but what is happening is beyond our imagination. I'm constantly writing right now a s***load of responses for fan mails. Yes, fans! We receive a tons of supportive e-mails and it totally blows me away, didn't expect this. And to all of those people: We won't disappoint you!"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-16-epic-requests-its-logo-be-removed-from-civilian-massacring-game-hatred

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Jacob

I have been informed that the developers are members of the Polish Fascist party and otherwise associated with neonazis. Don't know if it's true, though...

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on October 16, 2014, 06:32:56 PM
I have been informed that the developers are members of the Polish Fascist party and otherwise associated with neonazis. Don't know if it's true, though...

I like their style somehow.  'Destructive Creations'.

They aren't lying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of Sleeping Jews.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 16, 2014, 09:24:01 PM

w/ the official DLC's: Dancing at Dachau
                                Treblinka Two-Step
                                Auschwitz Untermensch Party Favorites.                             
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I slaughter far more people in Pdox games.  Also committed genocide, waged aggressive war, nuked cities, sold slaves, murdered children, sold drugs, played as the Nazis, and raped women in their games.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 16, 2014, 10:09:47 PM
I slaughter far more people in Pdox games.  Also committed genocide, waged aggressive war, nuked cities, sold slaves, murdered children, sold drugs, played as the Nazis, and raped women in their games.

It is different when it is done in the name of national interest.  Plus they weren't the Nazis, I didn't see a Nazi flag did you?  Wait which game could you commit genocide?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Jacob

Quote from: 11B4V on October 16, 2014, 10:05:47 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 16, 2014, 09:24:01 PM

w/ the official DLC's: Dancing at Dachau
                                Treblinka Two-Step
                                Auschwitz Untermensch Party Favorites.                             

Back in the day I was at a nightclub and this girl was hitting on me. I was interested until I asked her name and she answered "Treblinka" with a smirk. I decided the britpop girls and goth chicks were a better bet.

Valmy

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on October 16, 2014, 11:01:43 PM
Death Camp Pseudonyms? :unsure:

Yeah. It was like a "if you're on my team you'll get my 'obscure reference', and if you're not it's funny"... I think. Creepy chick, really.

Syt

Quote from: Jacob on October 16, 2014, 06:32:56 PM

Deconstructed by Youtube comments, insightful as ever! :P

QuoteThey're not neo-nazis. One member of the team supports an anti communist military group. What's wrong with being anti communist? Another member supports an anti Islam immigration group. What's wrong with that? From what I've heard Islamic immigrants are doing things like setting up "sharia law zones" where they will kill you if you don't submit to sharia law. These people aren't integrating with their culture, and they're threatening and killing people, so I don't see how it's bad, or how it makes someone a neo-nazi to be against that. And finally, let's just say that they are neo-nazis. So? Do you judge things based on the thing itself, or it's creator. If a warlord from Africa, who uses child soldiers, wrote an amazing book, would you be against that too?

Still, it looks like a remake of Postal 1?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

QuoteThey're not neo-nazis. One member of the team supports an anti communist military group. What's wrong with being anti communist? Another member supports an anti Islam immigration group. What's wrong with that?

Nothing.  But your white laces in your Doc Martens 10 eye greasies tell us everything.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 16, 2014, 10:14:42 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 16, 2014, 10:09:47 PM

It is different when it is done in the name of national interest.  Plus they weren't the Nazis, I didn't see a Nazi flag did you?  Wait which game could you commit genocide?

EU series.  You had the option of annihilating the natives or integrating them.  In the first game you had that option for American Indians, India, Indonesia, Indo-China, and Indiana Jones.   In HOI Germany is led by Hitler.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

celedhring

I spend half the time I play in GTA or GTA-like games running over people because I can't be arsed to drive properly and it's just faster that way.

I admit I feel uncomfortable watching that trailer but when you look at what we already do in games... probably I'm being hypocritical.