News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My Seagate HDD locked me out :(

Started by Tamas, June 13, 2009, 05:26:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

A couple of PCs ago I had a Seagate Barracuda and I remember upgrading the firmware for some reason, but I can't recall why now.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Caliga

*checks* O SNAP, actually this current PC has a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 :ph34r:

Alatriste

Quote from: Caliga on June 13, 2009, 05:35:38 PM
*checks* O SNAP, actually this current PC has a Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 :ph34r:

That would be so much better with a fade-to-black effect at the end...

Caliga

:lol:

Apparently the 7200.10 doesn't have this issue, but it has a weird performance cap thing I wasn't aware of with the firmware (AAK) that I have.  I haven't noticed my drive to be excessively slow, but alot of people have RMA'd it for that reason.  Since they fucked up the 7200.10, the 7200.11, and (I've read) some later versions, I guess I'm going back to Western Digital for my next HDD.

Grey Fox

I had the problem with my 7200.11, I never got it to work. I lost it somewhere, never wanna hear of it again.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

starbright

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 13, 2009, 06:43:34 PM
I had the problem with my 7200.11, I never got it to work. I lost it somewhere, never wanna hear of it again.

Post your drive model number: ST----

I had a problem like this and there is a guide for fixing it. Involves a $20 cable.

Grey Fox

Dont know, lost in the mail 2-3 years ago.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

starbright

I meant Tamas. :lol:

I have the cable. If our drives are the same I can guide him step by step.

Tamas

Thanks starbright, I am meeting a guy today in Budapest, on my way to the eastern edges of the country. He supposedly fixed his own barracuda and two other guys' from a hardware forum. He will attempt to fix mine, for about $30.

Wish me luck.

Tamas

The fucking gypsy goatherder never showed up. WTF was his problem.

Tamas

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on June 14, 2009, 07:45:05 AM
The fucking gypsy goatherder never showed up. WTF was his problem.

he was stealing your stuff while you was gone to meet him.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Tamas

Darth Wagtaros

That sounds like a kind of dance.
PDH!