Have a heart-to-heart with your past self
10 (25.6%)
Some kind of money-making scheme
12 (30.8%)
Just be an "observer", like a wimp
2 (5.1%)
Avoid using time travel, like an even bigger wimp
1 (2.6%)
Screw the past, I'm going to the future!
6 (15.4%)
Convince Jaron's mom to have an abortion
1 (2.6%)
Something completely different
3 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

"Screw an ancestor"?  What the hell, dude.

Pedrito

Monies. After that, probably trying to gain some kind of knowledge useful for my actual self.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Just cause you can travel in the past doesn't mean that somebody famous would want to screw you.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Savonarola

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2014, 04:09:58 PM
TBR SANCTITY OMG

And you didn't even put in my Quantum Leap joke.

I killed JFK in order to mess with conspiracy theorits.   :)

:unsure:

I mean that's what I would do if I had a time machine; which I do not.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

As much fun as it would be to experience more racism and hatred of homosexuals in the past, I'll pass.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2014, 04:18:22 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 02, 2014, 04:15:30 PM
"Screw an ancestor"?  What the hell, dude.
***Futurama pic***

Not a Futurama fan.  I find it pedantic and pedestrian.  Translate to Family Guy, please.

derspiess

I think about the money-making thing all the time :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 02, 2014, 04:29:35 PM
I think about the money-making thing all the time :ph34r:

Just think what you could accomplish if you put your energies towards realistic schemes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

I doubt anyone from the past would believe you if you said you were from the future, so trying to convince famous people to do stuff would be difficult.

So I think the H2H with me would be a better idea. There are some pretty important things I would say. I'd also just drop young MIM some stock charts.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on October 02, 2014, 04:25:17 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 02, 2014, 04:09:58 PM
TBR SANCTITY OMG

And you didn't even put in my Quantum Leap joke.

I killed JFK in order to mess with conspiracy theorits.   :)

:unsure:

I mean that's what I would do if I had a time machine; which I do not.

I prefer the Red Dwarf version, in which a time travelling JFK was behind the grassy knoll and shot himself. -_-

As an amusing aside... my parents took a trip to Dallas maybe tenyears ago, in part to visit an aunt but also just to see Texas.  One of the places they checked out was the Texas book depository.  My dad being weird, he took some grass clippings from the grassy knoll.

When they flew through customs, they got extra special attention from customs.  Their bags were turned inside out, but of course they didn't find anything.  Eventually in frustration the border guard asks them "so where is it - the stewardess overheard you talking about making sure the grass was safe".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon