Brooklyn teacher accused of kidnapping engaging in sex acts with female students

Started by garbon, October 01, 2014, 09:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on October 03, 2014, 09:27:52 AM
I generally think most high schoolers look like children aka do not want. :x

I generally do, too. There are some, however, (mostly seniors) who do not.

I should say that I don't find them sexually alluring. Just very pretty to look at. I think if any of them would ever come on to me, my response would be, "Oh, that's adorable!"
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Syt

Quote from: merithyn on October 03, 2014, 09:29:33 AM
I think if any of them would ever come on to me, my response would be, "Oh, that's adorable!"

That's how psycho thrillers start. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Poor guy.  I hope he wasn't too traumatized by the experience, and can still have healthy relationships without constant flashbacks.  :(

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 03, 2014, 02:43:22 PM
Poor guy.  I hope he wasn't too traumatized by the experience, and can still have healthy relationships without constant flashbacks.  :(

So is it the who is doing the penetrating thing that garners different responses than if a girl was having sex with two male teachers? Like if it came out he'd been getting pegged by these teachers, would that make a difference?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

I think there is a basic "predator" rating involved in the response to this stuff, where males have a 1 rating, and women a zero.

Therefore, a male student banging a female teacher is seen as pretty non-predatory, and if he is banging two? Hell, even less so.

If that same male student was banging one or two MALE teachers? That would NOT be seen as "hey lets all clap - good for him!". Hearing a male student was in a threesome with two male teachers? They are so going to jail forever. Two male teachers with a female student? Same. Nobody is clapping for her.

We aren't really willing to accept that there is a legal difference in statutory rape based on the genders involved, yet there clearly IS a difference in how we perceive it - I am willing to admit I see it as very different. I don't at all have the same emotional reaction to male student/female teacher. I don't think the law should be different, but I do very much believe (and I use that word carefully because I suspect I cannot back it up very well) that there is a very significant emotional difference most of the time.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2014, 02:59:56 PM
I do very much believe (and I use that word carefully because I suspect I cannot back it up very well) that there is a very significant emotional difference most of the time.

Could be chicken and egg. We high-five the guy while telling the girl that she's been a victim.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 03, 2014, 03:01:15 PM
How about if the male student was butt slamming a male teacher? :hmm:

Yeah, very different response - that strikes me as much more egregious, but I cannot really back that up with much reason. Surely a gay student can be just as willing as a straight one, right?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2014, 03:34:09 PM

Yeah, very different response - that strikes me as much more egregious, but I cannot really back that up with much reason. Surely a gay student can be just as willing as a straight one, right?
Yeah, but ick.

Valmy

People's outrage over sex crimes is indirectly proportional to how the crime lines up with their own fantasies  :P

In any case that kid just sent those ladies to prison.  Granted they SHOULD go to prison but pretty fucked up if he really was willing.  That's gratitude for you.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on October 03, 2014, 03:03:24 PM
Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2014, 02:59:56 PM
I do very much believe (and I use that word carefully because I suspect I cannot back it up very well) that there is a very significant emotional difference most of the time.

Could be chicken and egg. We high-five the guy while telling the girl that she's been a victim.

I think it's the same social psychology behind how, in general, a woman who sleeps with many different partners is "a slut", while a male who does the same is often considered commendable, or certainly not negative (at most maybe as "a dog", but that has nowhere near the same negative context as "a slut").

For the gay community, I think the perception is that they all sleep around constantly, and it is simply to be expected.  :P

Valmy

The slut thing pisses me off.  It is misgyny and misandry rolled into one big shit sandwich to be force fed to society.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

merithyn

Quote from: Berkut on October 03, 2014, 03:34:09 PM

That's the interesting part, isn't it? A teenaged boy can be willing - straight or gay - but a teenaged girl is a victim, and therefore can never be willing. At least in how it's all perceived.

I have an issue with any adult in an authority role having sex with one of their charges. Regardless of how willing the child/teen is, the situation is inherently bad for them. And it shows a serious lack of respect from the adult for the role that they're in. The genders in all of this are irrelevant. It's a balance of power thing.

But the perception is still, in 2014, that girls don't want sex and are coerced where as boys are willing participants. (Unless it's gay sex, then girls are willing participants and boys are coerced. Which I don't get.)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Meri and I are of one mind on this.  Chicago train debate called off.