Brooklyn teacher accused of kidnapping engaging in sex acts with female students

Started by garbon, October 01, 2014, 09:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 01, 2014, 12:24:55 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 01, 2014, 11:13:56 AM
We had a well-connected teacher who was always perving on 8th/9th grade girls. He eventually married one of his former students after she graduated.

Getting disturbing how common this "toeing the line without actually breaking the law" perviness is turning out to be.  One of the marching band directors at my high school ended up marrying one of his former students, too.  Also, one of the supervisors at my last job married her teacher after dropping out, but she insisted that she seduced him.

At the same time, we are talking people who voluntarily choose to hangout with young people for low pay, who also had to get an extra degree for the privilege. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2014, 07:08:52 AM
At the same time, we are talking people who voluntarily choose to hangout with young people for low pay, who also had to get an extra degree for the privilege. -_-

Most, yeah (though in the past it was possible to just get a teacher's certification on top of a relevant subject matter degree).  The band guy in particular was a subordinate and didn't actually have any teaching duties, so I don't think he had an education degree or even a teacher certification.
Experience bij!

CountDeMoney

I don't give a shit whether or not it's a crime;  the only crime here is it's simply not fair.

QuoteLouisiana Teachers Shelley Dufresne, Rachel Respess Charged In Student Sex Abuse Case

Two teachers at the same Louisiana high school have been charged in the sex abuse of the same male student, according to police.

Shelley Dufresne, 32, and Rachel Respess, 24, both teach at Destrehan High School in St. Charles Parish. They are each charged with one count of carnal knowledge of a juvenile, according to the St. Charles Herald Guide.

WDSU quoted an unnamed source who implied that the victim was involved in a threesome with the teachers.

According to WGNO: Multiple sources say the student, then 16 and now 17, met the two teachers at the Kenner home where some of their sexual encounters were videotaped.

Investigators confirmed Wednesday that the encounter allegedly took place at Respess' apartment after a Destrehan football game Sept. 12, and that all three were together at the residence until early morning hours of the next day.

Dufresne, who has taught at the school for 10 years, was arrested Tuesday and released from St. Charles Parish jail on $200,000 bond later that night. According to WGNO, the mother of three is under house arrest, and is not allowed to leave her home except for continued intensive mental health treatment, doctors' appointments, and church.

Respass, who is in her second year teaching at the school, turned herself in on Wednesday.

Police began their investigation last Friday after educators learned that a male student had been "bragging to other students that he was having a sexual relationship with teachers," according to a St. Charles Sheriff's Office report.

WDSU reports that the teachers were put on paid leave last Friday after the allegations came to light.

Parents aren't taking the allegations lightly.

"Unfortunately as a parent of a son that attends Destrehan High School, it's a little overwhelming at times, and my son is taking it difficult as well, but I think the whole school is taking it difficultly," Destrehan High School parent Antonio Morales told WGNO. "When anything happens here at Destrehan, all of Destrehan suffers."

Quote"bragging to other students that he was having a sexual relationship with teachers,"
Dummy.  Kept your mouth shut, you'd still be fucking right now.  But nooooo...we have to be childish about it.  :mad:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

So I am assuming these female teachers REALLY wanted to be fucked by the jocks back in their own high school days, but were too plain for it.

Eddie Teach

Unless they've had plastic surgery or lost weight, I don't see that.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 03, 2014, 05:50:53 AM

Well there must be a psychological reason why they are after a subordinated teenage boy, football player or not.

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on October 03, 2014, 05:54:30 AM
Well there must be a psychological reason why they are after a subordinated teenage boy, football player or not.
Maybe it was the other way around and he was after them, and they're just weak willed? :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on October 03, 2014, 06:38:39 AM
Or maybe he's just such a handsome hunk that they couldn't resist?

Whatever the case they are idiots / predators.

merithyn

Have you *seen* some of these teenage boy football players???

You all talk about how hot the high school girls are, but the boys aren't anything to hide, either. I look at them and am like, "I don't remember that when I was in school. What happened??"
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on October 03, 2014, 08:03:41 AM
Quote from: Syt on October 03, 2014, 06:38:39 AM
Or maybe he's just such a handsome hunk that they couldn't resist?

Whatever the case they are idiots / predators.

Absolutely. And I hope they both get some serious jail time.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on October 03, 2014, 09:22:58 AM

Have you *seen* some of these teenage boy football players???

You all talk about how hot the high school girls are, but the boys aren't anything to hide, either. I look at them and am like, "I don't remember that when I was in school. What happened??"

I generally think most high schoolers look like children aka do not want. :x