Human Rights Watch Warns of 'Authoritarian Drift' in Turkey

Started by Syt, September 30, 2014, 12:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Monoriu on July 20, 2016, 08:53:29 AM
I seem to recall that I have seen a similar plot play out many years ago.  It is called the Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones  :ph34r:

Not many enough.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

It looks like it is being pitched as just "temporary" so they can do their investigation. Don't want any of them fleeing the country I guess.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Archy on July 20, 2016, 05:50:24 AM
Even Worse.
According to Turkish embassador to belgium our Flemish govt support terrorists :tinfoil:
They alos opened a snitch line for Gülenist living over here  :mad:

every phone call made to the snitch line should be traced, ever caller deported and stripped of belgian nationality. If they want to play fascist they should do so in their own shitty country. And that's not Belgium, that's our shitty country!

The Brain

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 20, 2016, 12:42:58 PM
Quote from: Archy on July 20, 2016, 05:50:24 AM
Even Worse.
According to Turkish embassador to belgium our Flemish govt support terrorists :tinfoil:
They alos opened a snitch line for Gülenist living over here  :mad:

every phone call made to the snitch line should be traced, ever caller deported and stripped of belgian nationality. If they want to play fascist they should do so in their own shitty country. And that's not Belgium, that's our shitty country!

Yes, if one telemarketer is caught in the web it's worth it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maladict

QuoteThe first decree signed by Erdoğan authorises the closure of 1,043 private schools, 1,229 charities and foundations, 19 trade unions, 15 universities and 35 medical institutions over suspected links to the Gülen movement

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Archy

For some reason I'm feel like we're entering the thirties again  :(
Bickering democracies unable to do much against at threats to their existence

alfred russel

Quote from: garbon on July 23, 2016, 05:28:20 AM
This is when they need a coup. :(

It looks to me like that is what they are getting. Erdogan is showing the failed coup leaders how it is done, and launching his own counter coup.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Archy on July 23, 2016, 05:18:17 PM

Yes, I'm hoping for a 1970s style mess but fear that it might be a 1930s one  :(

Crazy_Ivan80

at least the leftists here should be happy. They've been screaming about the 30s for half a decade now, just up the wrong tree (cause the correct tree was filled with their voters)

grumbler

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 24, 2016, 02:34:58 AM

Yes, I'm hoping for a 1970s style mess but fear that it might be a 1930s one  :(

That's makes Trump's choice of "America First" as his slogan even more interesting, doesn't it?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/07/31/pictures-huge-pro-erdogan-islamist-rally-germany/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

This is from Breitbart, so feel free to ignore completely as not fitting your narrative, but in case these photos are not entirely fabricated, this is pretty worrisome. Especially interesting to see that there are hardly any German flags visible. But then Germans are reaping what they sowed.

Zanza

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on August 01, 2016, 12:29:31 AM
What did we sow?

A misguided multikulti policy.

Now you are having a 1.5 million minority (and that's just one of many) that doesn't identify at all with Germany or her values, but who support a brutal authoritarian dictator and a version of religion that is not compatible with your values.

I guess in less pussified times this would qualify as an invasion.