Human Rights Watch Warns of 'Authoritarian Drift' in Turkey

Started by Syt, September 30, 2014, 12:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2017, 12:00:36 PM
I am not sure that boat was ever in port in Europe with its long history of ethnic strife, though some countries did better than others.

The same goes for every other place on this globe.

Valmy

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 18, 2017, 02:32:23 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2017, 12:00:36 PM
I am not sure that boat was ever in port in Europe with its long history of ethnic strife, though some countries did better than others.

The same goes for every other place on this globe.

Certainly in your hemisphere.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Liep

I chuckled at this tweet:

After referendum (condemned by EU) allowing Erdogan to rule until 2029 Turkey was congratulated by:
Azerbaijan
Qatar
Iran
Belarus
Russia
USA
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

alfred russel

Quote from: Liep on April 18, 2017, 04:32:05 PM

After referendum (condemned by EU) allowing Erdogan to rule until 2029 Turkey was congratulated by:
Azerbaijan
Qatar
Iran
Belarus
Russia
USA

Hopefully we can at least get the FIFA world cup out of this crap. We seem to be hanging with all the right people.  :lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Azerbaijan
Qatar
Iran
Belarus
Russia
USA

:face:

Ed Anger

Quote from: alfred russel on April 18, 2017, 07:51:11 PM

Azerbaijan
Qatar
Iran
Belarus
Russia
USA

Hopefully we can at least get the FIFA world cup out of this crap. We seem to be hanging with all the right people.  :lol:

I don't want those goddamn foreigners in my country. USA USA USA
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

The US, Mexico, and Canada are going to jointly host the World Cup in 2026. Or at least that is the plan.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2017, 09:13:19 PM
The US, Mexico, and Canada are going to jointly host the World Cup in 2026. Or at least that is the plan.

Two leeches on 'Murica. Disgusting.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

That is stupid. Basically the host would be the north american continent.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on April 18, 2017, 09:24:38 PM

Yeah, piss on that.  All three nations are suitable to host it individually, there's no need for a combined "North American" host. 

We hosted 1994, and it was a brilliant success, and it's not even our fucking sport. 

Tamas

Azerbaijan
Qatar
Iran
Belarus
Russia
USA

You left Hungary out of this prestigious list!  :mad:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Berkut on April 18, 2017, 11:22:05 AM
Of course, the truth doesn't matter, so say whatever you like, Sean. Keep defending Trump though.

Erin go bragh?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

A website was joking that Turks in Austria are well integrated, because  the majority voted in favor of a strong leader.  :XD:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2017, 11:14:42 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 18, 2017, 09:24:38 PM

Yeah, piss on that.  All three nations are suitable to host it individually, there's no need for a combined "North American" host. 

We hosted 1994, and it was a brilliant success, and it's not even our fucking sport.

Think of Canada, unable to qualify, despite a lot of slots for CONCACAF. ;)

Berkut

I am cool with the Cup arrangement.

It is really the US hosting, and we are throwing a few games to Canada and Mexico. I think the vast majority of games will be in the US, including all the quarter, semis, and finals.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned