News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Suspension of disbelief of fashion

Started by Razgovory, September 25, 2014, 03:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Or of pants.  In this case pants.  I've been given some thought to the purchase of suspenders to better keep up my pants.  I don't want to look like a complete and utter dork so what kind of shirt goes well with suspenders?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Sadness. Sadness will go well with that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Score yourself some Mork suspenders and you can be: topical.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

I'd recommend against taking fashion advice from Languish.  The only thing I know about suspenders is that you can't wear them with a belt or else Henry Fonda will kill you.  Go to Brooks Brothers and ask one of the clerks; they'll know.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Savonarola

Quote from: The Brain on September 25, 2014, 04:01:15 PM
What's wrong with the Languish jerks?

I've been wondering that for some time myself.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Barrister

I don't know that I've seen a recent picture of Raz, but suspenders are a quite appropriate and even necessary means of keeping up your pants if you're a man of a certain physique.

Any kind of button up shirt would be fine with suspenders.  Depends of course on the entire ensemble.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

No offense Raz, but fat boys don't look good in suspenders.

The Brain

How fat are you, Raz? Are you morbidly obese?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

I just looked up fashionable suspenders and to a man everyone wearing them would have looked better without.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.