Columbia student carrying mattress until school expels her rapist

Started by garbon, September 24, 2014, 08:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 20, 2015, 05:10:42 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2015, 10:48:27 AM
So Mattress Girl carried her mattress through her graduation ceremony.  Wonder if she'll take it to job interviews now.

Gay marriage will lead to her marrying her mattress.

Or, apparently, a deflated football.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on May 20, 2015, 02:15:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2015, 01:55:33 PM
Sort of. I would be shocked if the cheating ever actually did the Pats much good. Sort of like how much breaking into the Watergate actually contributed to the defeat of McGovern.

Considering how much the cheating has harmed their brand and image, I would think they are pretty bright and would not be cheating if they didn't think it was helping them.

Bullshit, Nixon was pretty bright. They do it because they are over-competitive freaks who cannot help themselves.

And fuck branding and image. God I hate the NFL sometimes. They are football teams not widget firms.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

IIRC, Nixon wasn't involved in the initial Watergate break-in at all.  Just the cover-up.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Caliga

Were we really going to spend 20 pages talking about some weirdo attention whore who carries a mattress around? :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: derspiess on May 20, 2015, 03:30:34 PM
Actually, the balls are swapped out whenever there is a change of possession. Besides, Brady prefers them deflated.  Each QB has his own preferences-- Aaron Rodgers likes his overinflated (he must have huge hands).  Having the footballs essentially custom-fitted to the QB's preferences really does benefit the QB.  No QB I'm aware of ever wants to use a "fresh" ball that hasn't been heavily conditioned.

Not sure how INTs would be affected.

That's why I threw the "some of the time" qualifier in there.  I realize half of the game balls are from the other team- I'm just saying that the gambit could just as easily have resulted in more frequent changes of possession.  When Brady throws an underinflated football, it's easier for every receiver, not just the Pats', to catch.  Basically, easier downfield play, but easier picks, too.

And with that, I'm pretty much done with my part in the Pats conversation.  Guess it is the new ACW hijack. :P
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2015, 09:45:57 AM
Were we really going to spend 20 pages talking about some weirdo attention whore who carries a mattress around? :sleep:

Appears to have stayed on topic for 30+ pages before it was resurrected.  :hide:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Alcibiades

Quote from: Berkut on September 30, 2014, 11:36:54 AM
If the youn g lady in question is 100% correct about the facts of the case (ignoring for the moment her actions in response to those facts around stuff like not being able to be bothered to go to the cops initially, or pursuing it afterwards" then to some degree her actions are very defensible.

*She* at least knows the truth of what happened, and she can be pretty damn certain she was assaulted, if not raped. Finding out that similar things had happened to others exacerbates her position, and justifies even more her actions.

However, that doesn't change the fact that her actions are basically extra-legal. She went through the legal process, and did not get the outcome she wanted, so she is basically trying to get the outcome she wants outside the legal system. That can be, in some cases, pretty supportable. Hell, I read "A Time to Kill".

But for those of us who are NOT her, we have a very different standard to judge all this - for her efforts to be considered supportable, there is a ridiculously high bar she has to cross, since in fact she DID have access to legal remedy, and those remedies had an outcome, and she is basically asking us to set aside that outcome and join her in her vigilantism. That is a far, FAR cry from asking us to support the victims of sexual assault and rape, and that is where, I think, me and Jacob part ways.

Given that she is asking for some very extraordinary support, she provides very poor justification. I cannot see a travesty of justice here, I cannot see a system that I look at and think "Yeah, the system itself is grossly unjust, so we should in fact support her efforts outside that system". She was the alleged victim of a crime. Do all alleged victims of crimes have the right to publicly shame those they accuse and ask for MY support in hounding that person out of school?

I mean, sure, they can ask, but most of the time my answer is going to be "No, I won't support that, and don't think anyone should support that".

Huh, looking at the evidence now this bitch was completely full of shit and made it all up for attention.  Disgusting.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/03/columbia-student-i-didn-t-rape-her.html

From the article:
"On Aug. 29, two days after the alleged rape, Nungesser messaged Sulkowicz on Facebook to say, "Small shindig in our room tonight—bring cool freshmen." Her response:
lol yusss
Also I feel like we need to have some real time where we can talk about life and thingz
because we still haven't really had a paul-emma chill sesh since summmmerrrr
On Sept. 9, on a morning before an ADP meeting, it was Sulkowicz who initiated the Facebook contact, asking Nungesser if he wanted to "hang out a little bit" before or after the meeting and concluding with:
whatever I want to see yoyououoyou
respond—I'll get the message on ma phone
On Oct. 3, Sulkowicz's birthday, Nungesser sent her an effusive greeting; she responded the next morning with, "I love you Paul. Where are you?!?!?!?!" Nungesser claims that these exchanges represent only a small portion of their friendly communications, which also included numerous text messages."

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/24/the-text-of-the-mattress-girl-lawsuit-will-shock-you/

Quote"fuck me in the butt" — Emma Sulkowicz, to her "rapist"
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Legbiter

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 21, 2015, 11:46:12 PM

Huh, looking at the evidence now this bitch was completely full of shit and made it all up for attention.  Disgusting.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/03/columbia-student-i-didn-t-rape-her.html

From the article:
"On Aug. 29, two days after the alleged rape, Nungesser messaged Sulkowicz on Facebook to say, "Small shindig in our room tonight—bring cool freshmen." Her response:
lol yusss
Also I feel like we need to have some real time where we can talk about life and thingz
because we still haven't really had a paul-emma chill sesh since summmmerrrr
On Sept. 9, on a morning before an ADP meeting, it was Sulkowicz who initiated the Facebook contact, asking Nungesser if he wanted to "hang out a little bit" before or after the meeting and concluding with:
whatever I want to see yoyououoyou
respond—I'll get the message on ma phone
On Oct. 3, Sulkowicz's birthday, Nungesser sent her an effusive greeting; she responded the next morning with, "I love you Paul. Where are you?!?!?!?!" Nungesser claims that these exchanges represent only a small portion of their friendly communications, which also included numerous text messages."

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/24/the-text-of-the-mattress-girl-lawsuit-will-shock-you/

Quote"fuck me in the butt" — Emma Sulkowicz, to her "rapist"

Niceguy chode smashes campus slut with a lot of crazy thrown in and she turns into a psycho stalker when he gently cuts off their relationship. A tough lesson for a young man.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

:hmm:

I'd be more inclined to say that we don't know what happened. Clearly he's lawsuit is going to be setup to make her look bad. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Quote from: garbon on May 22, 2015, 07:03:28 AM

:hmm:

I'd be more inclined to say that we don't know what happened. Clearly he's lawsuit is going to be setup to make her look bad. :D

Maybe Haven Monahan did it.  :lol:

Valmy

Always save your texts. There was a similar situation at a place I worked where a guy was being accused of rape and he took out his phone full of texts from her trying to get him to have sex with her and he turning her down.

Not saying that is what happened here, I don't know anything, but just saying.

I guess he was also a niceguy chode as well according to Legbiter since clearly if he knew better he would have...beat the shit out of her or whatever he proposes one should do if a woman propositions you. 'A text? Fuck that slut is dead!'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2015, 08:00:08 AMI guess he was also a niceguy chode as well according to Legbiter since clearly if he knew better he would have...beat the shit out of her or whatever he proposes one should do if a woman propositions you. 'A text? Fuck that slut is dead!'

Er, I'm simply saying Paul Nungesser missed a lot of red flags about Mattress Girl because of his young age. A dude and his friends casually ran through her (she complains to niceguy Paul about how one of them gave her an STD) but poor kind-hearted Paul who hung out with her and gave her a shoulder to cry on gets stalked, wrongfully accused and socially ostracised.

Mattress Girl will probably turn this into a career.