New York climate march draws hundreds of thousands

Started by jimmy olsen, September 21, 2014, 11:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Why should I walk all the way to the computer to look up a business, when the phone book is right there?  It's Chinese hack-proof technology.

garbon

I don't know why you would need to walk all the way to get to a computer either. Nor why a phone book would be in easier reach of you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Because I don't walk around the house with my cell phone stapled to my hip like the rest of you iLemmings.  And the phone book is next to the phone, on the end table next to where I would be sitting, just like in every sitcom of the 1970s.  Fuck.

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on September 25, 2014, 07:45:32 PM
Ugh I'm gonna have to move by 2070 when Alaska has Florida like climate.

I don't think Anchorage will up and move to Point Barrow.  :P

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2014, 10:16:19 PM
Because I don't walk around the house with my cell phone stapled to my hip like the rest of you iLemmings.  And the phone book is next to the phone, on the end table next to where I would be sitting, just like in every sitcom of the 1970s.  Fuck.

Oh just die already. :rolleyes:

Or alternatively - you aren't really as old as you like to pretend to be.

Tonitrus

Right next to the TV Guide?  :P

Eddie Teach

If the selling point for keeping the phone book in the house is that every once in a while you can save yourself from walking 20 feet, that's not very convincing.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 25, 2014, 10:18:08 PM

Oh just die already. :rolleyes:

Just gotta let nature take its course.  :P

QuoteOr alternatively - you aren't really as old as you like to pretend to be.

Certain practices from 1981 are just as valid and as resilient today.  Like keeping the phone book next to the phone for quick reference, as opposed to looking all over the place for 5 minutes, wondering where I put my cellphone.  :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 25, 2014, 10:18:46 PM

Right next to the TV Guide?  :P

Oh, those fuckers always lied.  :mad:  In TiVo we trust.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 25, 2014, 10:20:35 PM
If the selling point for keeping the phone book in the house is that every once in a while you can save yourself from walking 20 feet, that's not very convincing.  :hmm:

Then get rid of your television remote control, Captain Aerobics.

derspiess

:lol:  And you say I'm stuck in the past.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2014, 10:25:47 PM
Certain practices from 1981 are just as valid and as resilient today.  Like keeping the phone book next to the phone for quick reference, as opposed to looking all over the place for 5 minutes, wondering where I put my cellphone.  :lol:

I'd have more respect if you still used a rotary dial phone.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on September 26, 2014, 09:53:37 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 25, 2014, 10:25:47 PM

I'd have more respect if you still used a rotary dial phone.

I thought he said he did. :unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess