NFL Week 3: What's the next meltdown, Jay Cutler involved in ISIS beheadings?

Started by CountDeMoney, September 18, 2014, 09:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Oh and I saw a player shit himself today. Amazing how they can take care of a situation like that on the sideline without anyone in the crowd noticing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 21, 2014, 09:29:09 PM
I'm not OK with this Sunday Night game.  Hurl.
Game might be better if the Panthers didn't look like the Ravens back when Slash was QBing.  Or Anthony Wright.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on September 21, 2014, 09:37:03 PM
Oh and I saw a player shit himself today. Amazing how they can take care of a situation like that on the sideline without anyone in the crowd noticing.
Was it that CB that didn't blow up Dalton, when he realized what a failure he was?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Lol no. He might have, or maybe the Titans DC did given that they had prepared for that same play. But this dude was on the other sideline.

Initially looked like they were using the sideline pissing protocol, but when I saw there were more people involved and new pants being prepared, I realized it was much more serious.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 21, 2014, 09:38:04 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 21, 2014, 09:29:09 PM
I'm not OK with this Sunday Night game.  Hurl.
Game might be better if the Panthers didn't look like the Ravens back when Slash was QBing.  Or Anthony Wright.

Any other week, and he'd be a stats beast.  Naturally, not tonight.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on September 21, 2014, 12:03:41 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on September 21, 2014, 10:58:45 AM
Rob Bironas died yesterday(or friday) in a car accident.
:(  Louisville native.

More on Bironas.

QuoteThe former Tennessee Titans kicker, who died in a car crash Saturday night, hardly had a direct route to the NFL.

He started at Auburn and finished at Georgia Southern. Bironas spent time in training camp with the Green Bay Packers in 2002, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2003 and the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2004. He spent two seasons in the Arena Football League with the Carolina Cobras and the New York Dragons.

In nine seasons with the Titans, he hit 239 of 279 field goal attempts. He was a first-team All-Pro and a Pro Bowler in 2007.

On Dec. 3, 2006 he hit a 60-yard field goal as time expired to beat the Colts in Nashville. He donated his cleats and the football used to make his NFL-record eighth field goal in a 2007 game at Houston to the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

He loved having made it to the league with such a challenging path and relished his job and the big moments that came with it. And he was regularly clutch.

The Titans cut him in March. He recently worked out for the Detroit Lions.

Sadly, Bironas is the seventh man who played for the Titans, a franchise that started with the new name and in its new stadium in 1999, to die. He joins a list that includes Steve McNair, Rodney Thomas, Todd Williams, Frank Chamberlin, Jesse Mahelona and Damien Nash.

O.J. Murdock and Mario Branch, players who spent time with the franchise but didn't play in a game, have also passed away.

CountDeMoney

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 22, 2014, 10:05:19 AM
Good win in the LFFL.

I'm ahead by .47 points in my game, and if I'm reading it correctly neither of us have anyone in tonight's game so I guess I win this week.  Romo did his best to lose it for me-- for the second game already this year he was in negative points for the first half.

And of course if I sub Rapistburger in for him, Romo will have the game of his life.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Did Dalton get any fantasy points for his TD reception?  On paper it looks like he had a bad day, but he actually did really well. The INT was not his fault and they were not in a position where they had to pass much.

Neil

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Turned out to be a decent game tonight.  Neither team looked great but at least both were in it til the end.