And we're back!

Main Menu

Generic Ancestry of Europeans

Started by Jacob, September 18, 2014, 12:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on September 18, 2014, 03:09:24 PM
Vagina or pancakes.

And the wisdom to know the difference between the two.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Warspite

Quote from: Malthus on September 18, 2014, 03:13:44 PM
Vagina or pancakes.

If I only I had known then what I know now... :weep:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

Jacob

... this thread took a bit of a turn to the unexpected  :huh:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on September 18, 2014, 04:03:36 PM

Which way did you hope/think it would go?

I can't think of a damn thing to say on topic.

The Brain

Vagina or pancakes.

Well it's not like you can go completely wrong.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on September 18, 2014, 04:17:23 PM
Vagina or pancakes.

Well it's not like you can go completely wrong.

Depends. Before or after syrup?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Larch

Quote from: PRC on September 18, 2014, 02:43:17 PM
Know, O prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west.  Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

My mother is from Zamora.  :nerd: But she is blonde-ish, and AFAIK there are no towers of spider haunted mystery around... :unsure:

The Brain

Quote from: The Larch on September 18, 2014, 04:40:27 PM
Know, O prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars - Nemedia, Ophir, Brythunia, Hyperborea, Zamora with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Zingara with its chivalry, Koth that bordered on the pastoral lands of Shem, Stygia with its shadow-guarded tombs, Hyrkania whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Aquilonia, reigning supreme in the dreaming west.  Hither came Conan the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet.

My mother is from Zamora.  :nerd: But she is blonde-ish, and AFAIK there are no towers of spider haunted mystery around... :unsure:

Public library? Soap store?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Seems that natural course to me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Zamora is on the way to Bragança. :)

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 18, 2014, 05:28:28 PM

And Zamora also claims Viriato as its local hero.  :lol:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Larch on September 18, 2014, 05:38:56 PM

Sadly for Zamora, the claim is not recognized beyond city limits, as you say. ;)

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 18, 2014, 04:09:51 PM

Which way did you hope/think it would go?

I can't think of a damn thing to say on topic.

I wasn't complaining :)

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 18, 2014, 05:47:11 PM
Quote from: The Larch on September 18, 2014, 05:38:56 PM

Sadly for Zamora, the claim is not recognized beyond city limits, as you say. ;)

Hogwash.