How much money can you get into a briefcase? At least $134 billion.

Started by Crazy_Ivan80, June 12, 2009, 10:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/0,1518,630158,00.html

Imagine that.
And don't expect the Italians to spend it on something useful. It'll probably go to Berlusconi's next facelift or so. :D

Syt

Damn you for posting it a minute earlier!

I have newstext, though. :raspberry:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Brazen

jimmy olsen

Wow, that's crazy. I wonder what they were going to do with the money?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on June 12, 2009, 10:29:33 AM
Damn you for posting it a minute earlier!

I have newstext, though. :raspberry:

:nelson

I have the cooler title though :p

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HVC on June 12, 2009, 10:48:39 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2009, 10:46:29 AM
Quote from: Jaron on June 12, 2009, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 12, 2009, 10:31:22 AM
Wow, that's crazy. I wonder what they were going to do with the money?

anime
Buy it or make it?
Pay to have it all burned.
I actually almost put that down as a third option, but the culprits are Japanese so it wouldn't make sense.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Zanza

If it is real and not fake money, you have to wonder whose money it is. If Italy keeps 40% of the sum, someone is short 50 billion.

DGuller

There is something very bizarre in this story, though I can't quite put my finger on it.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on June 12, 2009, 11:13:13 AM
There is something very bizarre in this story, though I can't quite put my finger on it.
This story is really a cover for the Italians to issue counterfeit bonds. :yes:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

Quote from: DGuller on June 12, 2009, 11:13:13 AM

No one seems to know where they fond 134 billion worth of Bonds?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Zanza2 on June 12, 2009, 11:09:13 AM
If it is real and not fake money, you have to wonder whose money it is. If Italy keeps 40% of the sum, someone is short 50 billion.

Why would you counterfeit such large bonds? I can't go to my local branch and cash $500 million bonds and leave before they figure out they are fake.

But then that is also more money than anyone in the world has, so it probably isn't a person either. Maybe a sketchy country trying to get its funds into Swiss accounts? Still, that is so much money there are only a few countries that could be.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014