Is publishing radical Islamic texts on the Internet a crime?

Started by jimmy olsen, September 04, 2014, 01:26:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2014, 09:05:06 AM
We're supposed to eventually win with our values system, e.g., tolerance over intolerance.
Yes, it's frustrating, but that's the long game.

Part of our problem is that we still haven't agreed on some significant points of our value system.  Our own religious fanatics keep trying to get their values foisted upon the rest of us, for example,

CountDeMoney

There's quite a difference between religous fundies going through the court system and electoral process to legislate their morality, and rolling around in technicals, chopping off nigga's heads and shit.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2014, 12:36:20 PM
There's quite a difference between religous fundies going through the court system and electoral process to legislate their morality, and rolling around in technicals, chopping off nigga's heads and shit.

My statement was about the stability of our values as a society.  It had nothing to do with what Muslim extremists think or do.  For various reasons, winning with our values system is made harder when that values system is not agreed upon.

CountDeMoney

My statement was about the stability of our values as a society.  We are a society whose values are promoted through law and the democratic process.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2014, 02:14:50 PM
My statement was about the stability of our values as a society.  We are a society whose values are promoted through law and the democratic process.
...in which case, our values have been subverted, just as the law and the democratic process have been.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2014, 03:54:01 PM
...in which case, our values have been subverted, just as the law and the democratic process have been.

They're still better than the rest of the world.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2014, 06:41:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 05, 2014, 03:54:01 PM

They're still bitter than the rest of the world.

:(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney