Large Scale Hack Results in Nude Photes of Celebrities on the Internet

Started by alfred russel, August 31, 2014, 09:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2014, 08:10:21 AM
Of course, Girls isn't really a show about fantasy and escapism.

If I wanted the reality of Girls, I'd have had one.  Or been one.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2014, 09:00:27 AM

You also aren't the target audience so...quit being so vain?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

There should be a warning when I'm channel surfing and that show is on.  When she's naked it should be blocked out by default-- the kind of thing you'd have to opt in to see.  Assuming anyone really wants to see some dumpy pear-shaped girl nude.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

That's why you use the guide function instead of just flipping through channels.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2014, 09:10:44 AM

It's not about me, it's Hollywood's and society's unreasonable expections of what I have been conditioned to expect from the feminine mystique.  And it ain't Saggy McSugartits.

Syt

He probably thinks this song is about him.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 05, 2014, 10:26:57 AM
That's why you use the guide function instead of just flipping through channels.  :P

:yes:

Besides, HBO is a channel you have to opt-in for.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2014, 10:28:46 AM

It's not about me, it's Hollywood's and society's unreasonable expections of what I have been conditioned to expect from the feminine mystique.  And it ain't Saggy McSugartits.

That's laziness on your part then. You should be able to have your own opinions that don't consist solely of what Hollywood/Society tells you to like.

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 05, 2014, 10:26:57 AM

I shouldn't have to do that :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2014, 10:56:25 AM

That's laziness on your part then. You should be able to have your own opinions that don't consist solely of what Hollywood/Society tells you to like.

What are you talking about?
Everything we do is conditioned by the cultural environment.
Back in the day was whatever the local village sense of female perfection was.
Most people only had to recognize the few faces of the people in the village, and everybody else was a stranger that they would never seen twice.

Today he recognize the faces of thousands of celebrities, and hundreds of co-workers, neighbours, etc, and the cultural environment's ideal of a perfect female is not decided by the elders in the local village with their opinions powered by their influence, but  globally by the Elders of Hollywood with their movies and TV shows.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

garbon

Quote from: Siege on September 05, 2014, 11:24:08 AM

Most people only had to recognize the few faces of the people in the village, and everybody else was a stranger that they would never seen twice.

Today he recognize the faces of thousands of celebrities, and hundreds of co-workers, neighbours, etc, and the cultural environment's ideal of a perfect female is not decided by the elders in the local village with their opinions powered by their influence, but  globally by the Elders of Hollywood with their movies and TV shows.

Siege

Quote from: garbon on September 05, 2014, 11:25:50 AM
Quote from: Siege on September 05, 2014, 11:24:08 AM

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Josephus

Why do we have to inject Lena Dunham into this otherwise intersting conversation?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

derspiess

Quote from: Josephus on September 05, 2014, 04:01:08 PM
Why do we have to inject Lena Dunham into this otherwise intersting conversation?

I'm done talking about her.  You're the one who brought her back up ;)